Biomass is a satellite mission with the goal to reduce the uncertainty in the worldwide spatial distribution and dynamics of forest Biomass in order to improve current assessments and future projections of the global carbon cycle. This objective will be achieved by implementation of a P-band SAR mission (satellite), providing global maps of forest Biomass stocks, forest disturbance and growth.
The Supply of System Support Activities (SSA) for Quality Support and Product Assurance is part of the support tasks for the provision of the BIOMASS Project Management Office (PMO), located in Stevenage, UK. Duration of the contract will be of 34 months between Q1 2019 – Q2 2022.
- Implementation and coordination of Product Assurance (PA)/Quality Assurance (QA) activities for designated subsystems and equipment’s as reflected in the Biomass PA Plans, through execution of the following: Review and comment on contractors’ documentation provided, including that submitted for their relevant major milestones (EQSR, PDR, MRR, CDR, TRR, TRB, QR, DRB). Issue RIDs for design reviews; Prepare and attend at lower tier project reviews in coordination with procurement engineers; Coordinate and ensure (and participate) MPCB (Materials and Processes Control Boards) at lower tier level with the experts (review of Declared Materials List, Declared Processes List); Coordinate and ensure the organisation of PCB (Parts Control Boards) at lower tier level with EEE experts; Review and record qualification status; Control of selected lower tier providers according the Product Assurance requirements;
- Reporting to Biomass PA manager: Progress and accomplishment of each major PA task; Problem areas and solutions; Dependability and Safety status; Material and Processes status; Alert status; Status of PA reviews, EQSRs, audits and MIPs; Status of Request for Deviations (part of Configuration Management); Status of cleanliness and Contamination activities; Future planning of major activities/events; Major Non-conformance status list; Identification and status of critical items (including mitigation action plan status); Requested KPI’s and Metrics;
- Participate in Project technical and regular progress meetings;
- Provide inputs to system progress report;
- Execution of requirements: Review and approve specification requirements documents; Perform audits as necessary during C/D (major anomalies, or routine audits) and provide dedicated reports; Issue and maintain an off the shelf items list; Management of alerts (components, materials) with support from the experts; Participate to supplier major NRB (non-conformance review boards); Ensure timely processing of requests for deviations and requests for waiver; Review conformance to the Product Liability conformance for equipment’s delivered with ground support equipment.
The accommodation and the flight tickets (to and from UK - 4 TIMES/ YEAR) will be supported by the Client Company . The employees will have, also, the diary assured, as the Romanian law specified.