Our vision and purpose: “Our purpose is to empower an intelligent, sustainable and connected world. For more than a century, we have been putting smart tools in the hands of people in every sector of our society, creating intelligent technologies that drive positive change. We remain committed to this effort, leaving no one behind.” - Börje Ekholm, President, and CEO, Ericsson
So..who is Ericsson today and, how it supports you and the community?
In a world that is increasingly complex, we are on a quest for easy. We are creating game-changing technology that is easy to use, adapt and scale, enabling our customers to capture the full value of connectivity.
Find out how our IoT, 5G and automation technology stands ready to unlock a wave of new value
The impact of your role at Ericsson
We are now looking for an IT Engineer that will provide technical service and support to our customer. This is an installation and incident management role where the primary responsibility is to manage installations and incidents raised for in production client equipment and tracking and recording all information regarding active orders as per the documented processes..
The IT Engineer is responsible for supporting the installation process and tracking and resolving all assigned incidents through effective decision making and problem-solving skills. Engineer will also be responsible for ensuring clear and concise communication with the customer regarding their order deliveries.
You will also:
• Interact with ISP’s to ensure that they are equipped to install the order and provide necessary information to assist them with installing the equipment.
• Manage all incidents raised through the ticketing tool or on customer request.
• Help onsite engineers to check and resolve issues with the equipment, take cautious decision to ensure that the down time is as short as possible.
• Communicate with ISP’s across the globe regarding the delivery of the orders.
• Track delivery of the ordered equipment until delivered to installation data center.
• Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to emails, calls or group messages received from the customer, 3rd party vendors or ISP’s.
• Ensure that the escalations are routed to the correct responsible party without any delays
• Co-ordinate with team members in identifying new solutions for existing and unresolved issues
How your expertise will make the difference (Qualifications needed)
• Minimum 2 years of exposure to IT systems at the administration level (storages, backup solutions, monitoring systems (. Nagios, Veritas Backup) represents an advantage);
• Minimum 2 years of experience in incident management;
• Excellent verbal and written communication Skills;
• Fluent in French language;
• Networking and basic routing (CISCO courses represent an advantage);
• Database administration basic knowledge (Oracle, Sybase, MySQL);
• Technical support environment exposure, working with tickets, priorities, Service Level Agreements;
• Good understanding of servers, switches, and network setup in DC;
• Working experience on Windows platform and Microsoft suite .
Benefits to suit your dreams (What’s in it for you?)
• Contract type: full time;
• 25 vacation days/year (yes, we give you 4 days more, because you deserve it!);
• Medical & life insurance;
• Career plan mentoring;
• Competitive referral bonuses for recommending your friends to work at Ericsson;
• Work From Home & Flexible Working Hours;
• Flexible benefits from your favorite brands available on flexible benefits portal;
• Gym subscription (available in flex benefits together with a series of other options);
• Internal learning platform to develop your knowledge, skills, and competencies & curated external content -- articles, videos, courses, podcasts, and books from external libraries such as Skillsoft, Pluralsight, Big Think, EdX, TED Talks, Khan Academy, • • • YouTube, and the open web itself (learning platform mobile-enabled);
• In the case of travel, daily allowance, transport, and accommodation will be paid by the company;
• Part of an active community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams;
• & more other benefits that we are looking forward to presenting them to you, once you applied.
Still curious? Find your job!
As a global pioneer in communications technology, there’s a lot more than meets the eye at Ericsson. We invite you to get to know us better. Working with us you will find all sorts of job opportunities. Everything from Developer to Data Scientist to Designer. Plus all those other roles who do not start with the letter 'D'.