Middle (2-5 ani), Senior (5-10 ani)
The Environment Artist executes autonomously the graphical content of one or several game levels and delivers a work that can be successfully integrated, taking the technological constraints and artistic direction into account.
- Create assets and textures in line with the project's artistic and technical direction (references, documents, etc.);
- Integrate assets and textures produced in the game engine;
- Verify the quality of his work once imported into the game, and make improvements when necessary;
- Use specific project tools in order to achieve best results and meet deadlines;
- Efficiently uses the texture space and takes into consideration the pixel ratio;
- Determine the objects and environments required and adjust the work according to the story and the gameplay (Game Design documents);
- Able to fast learn technical constraints of platforms, engines and software;
- Understand and apply graphic principles;
- Use artistic references to improve visuals;
- Able to micro plan and time estimate his work.
- Experience in 3D modelling (low poly, high poly, normal map extraction) 3D Studio Max;
- 2D skills - Adobe Photoshop proficient (ability to create tillable and specific textures);
- Good notion of proportions and a good eye for the detail.
- Very good communication skills;
- Good knowledge of English;
- Technical skills;
- Team player;
- Receptive to feedback;
- Creative with high standards;
- Responsible and resourceful;
- Efficient and hard working;
- Patient and resilient to stress;
- Positive attitude.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of the technical constraints linked to real time, 3D engines and level editors is a plus;
- Knowledge of other 2D software is considered a plus;
- Knowledge of Z brush is considered a plus;
- Previous experience working in the gaming industry is considered a plus;
- Leadership skills are considered a plus.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- If you’re into sport we’ve got a great gym right into our studio;
- We are proud of our games and we would like you to feel the same way. To get started we’ll give you goodies and games letting you choose what you like;
- If you get hungry you can use your meal tickets at our local cafeteria or even grab some of the fresh fruits that are available in the office each week;
- Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months;
- If somehow you feel under the weather you can quickly go to our in studio doctor.
Our heroes are full of character. Full of their own challenges, hopes and dreams. Just like our colleagues. Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms.
Ubisoft Bucharest is an experienced player in the video gaming industry in Romania, being one of the first company of its kind. We have built a strong foundation on which we have grown in the past years.
With a strong history of acclaimed games like Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels or HAWX, the studio has moved into co-development and has made its mark in block buster games like Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon and Watch Dogs.
Our studio is located in the Northern part of Bucharest and its goal is to deliver fun to players everywhere.
Combining passion and performance, our teams bring ideas to life. More than just games, we strive to create immersive and engaging worlds that offer moments of escape, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for self-discovery and learning.
In an ever-evolving industry Ubisoft teams are eager to enrich players’ lives with unique and memorable gaming experiences.
We want you to be our partner in this, we want you to evolve with us.