Did you know that more than half the people in the world now have a mobile phone? That's 5 billion people! It took 100 years to connect 1 billion places and 25 years to connect 5 billion people. The next step is connecting things. Ericsson enables innovative ways of doing business and shaping the future together, as well as a renewed approach to global challenges such as education, healthcare, climate change and our use of natural are undergoing a continuous transformation process to achieve our Networked Society goal. Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Thanks to our employees’ curiosity, determination and proactive approach, our technologies have transformed and shaped the future. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. On a day to day basis, the Center services global customers across the globe, managing networks that, together, enable 200 million subscribers to communicate. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs. We are passionate about social causes (having a strong Brand Ambassadors Team) and sports (over 20 teams participating in major competitions). Find out more about us and our story in Romania on .
This Job Role is responsible for the coordination, support, management and execution of 1st Level proactive and reactive maintenance activities to ensure that services provided to customers are continuously available and performing to Service Level Agreement (SLA) performance levels.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Monitoring of IT Infrastructure and Video Services.
- Follow internal incident-, change- and release management processes in USMS.
- Monitor USMS queues. Attempt first fix and ad-hoc workaround incident resolution activities, including but not limited to Stop/Start applications on alert.
- Investigate troubleshoot and fix problems on relevant systems
- Investigate incidents where technical domain relevancy and ownership is unclear, localize issue and either fix or assign to relevant technical domain owner for fix
- Coordinate with vendor partners in the resolution of tickets providing traces, logs
- Creation of incidents on alert, and logging of incidents. Create and distribute tasks to relevant support entities (USMS)
- Creating Problem tickets based on recurring incidents and add information as required, ensuring relevant associations between Problem and Issue are logged.
- Ownership of incidents until fix, with follow up duties, and taking responsibility for e2e resolution of incidents, coordinating the fix with second and third line teams.
- Provide expertise in analysis of major incident root cause and follow up with other Corporate teams as needed
- Assist UPC Countries and coordinate trouble-shooting.
- Adhere to Service and Operational Level Agreements. Working towards targets set by Performance Management and Liberty Global KPIs relevant to Service Assurance, Support and Availability.
- Perform Change Management and Problem Management tasks relevant to the Central Service Desk including monitoring coordination for patches, and implementation approval of Changes.
- 2 or more years of experience in a service desk role with comparable technical and soft skills.
- Proven ability/experience working in a multi layered international matrix organisation.
- People Skills – Experience working in international teams (direct & indirect) from different cultural backgrounds and experience in working with external resources.
- Cultural Awareness – Experience in working people from different cultural backgrounds ensuring clarity, collaboration and efficiency
- Travel – Possible frequent travel during the year on a need-basis
- Experience in managing several platforms/systems and ability to easily switch between them and keep the overview.
- MBO technical engineering degree or higher, preferably specialized in IT applications and infrastructure design, development and/or support.
- Professional and intellectual capacities at the Bachelor or higher professional education level.
- eTOM/ ITIL v3 Service Operation certification.
- Language skills – fluent in English (verbal & written) and preferable 1 other European language.
- In depth knowledge of IT Infrastructure (. Unix, DB, Oracle ExaData, ) and Video technical components (. Linear Broadcasting, VoD, Streaming media, Video Headends).
- In depth knowledge of the Liberty Global Operations business processes plus a thorough understanding of products and technologies as used by Liberty Global group.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize workloads as situations change.
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent active listening skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Decisive, logical and methodical.
- Analytical skills, continuous driving for improvement, results driven.
- Embracement of change and challenge.
- Ownership and action, customer focused.
- Teamwork and contribution, organizational sensitivity and being able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
What we offer
To ensure professional growth, Ericsson offers a stimulating work experience that allow you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reach your career the Romanian Center we are well known for providing:
• Modern, energetic, global working environment
• Access to latest technology and ability to work to develop new tools and showcase your bright ideas
• Opportunities for continuous learning & professional growth and promotion
• Work in a dynamic company along with the smartest people in the industry
• Comprehensive benefits package: including premium healthcare & gym subscriptions
• Opportunity to be an active part of the community via Brand Ambassadors, CSR Activities, Sports Teams etc. which Ericsson is supporting