IMPRESA PIZZAROTTI & C.
Impresa Pizzarotti & C. . has a history stretching back 100 years.
It was founded in 1910 by Gino Pizzarotti as a sole trader, since when it has
undergone process of evolution that has never stopped. Converted in 1945 into a
limited liability company by Pietro Pizzarotti, father of the current Chairman,
Cavaliere del Lavoro Paolo Pizzarotti, in 1961 it became a joint stock company
with a share capital of 200 million euros.
It was from the end of the 1950s that the company consolidated its position
in the construction sector, becoming one of the most important and skilled
companies in the country; this came about through the completion of large public
and infrastructure works on behalf of both state bodies and the largest private
companies in Italy.
The company has always targeted ongoing development in the civil works
carried out for thermo-electrical and nuclear power stations, roads and
motorways, civil and military airports, irrigation and hydraulic engineering
works, dykes, industrial infrastructure, railway construction, and prison
construction work; the same can be said of the reconstruction work in the areas
struck by the earthquake in Irpinia in, where it was involved in the
building of dwellings, schools and infrastructure of various kinds.
The commitment and ability to carry out major projects led to the company
successfully establishing itself abroad, where it has been operating since the
seventies. At that time there was the oil pipeline constructed between Hassi
Messaoud and In Amenas in Algeria, as well as the port of Bandar Amenas in Iran.
More recent constructions include the Euro Disney theme park in Chessy near
Paris, the hydroelectric power station at Luzon in the Philippines, the new
interchange between the High Speed Railway Station and the Regional Metropolitan
Railway Network at Charles de Gaulle Airport, the shaft on the Gotthard railway
line together with the station at Sedrun and a number of kilometres of railway
line, to mention just a few.
The Pizzarotti Group, which has always retained its head office in Parma,
today consists of a number of companies operating in total synergy in the
infrastructure, energy and environment, hydraulic engineering, civil and
military airport, building and construction sectors.