For one of our Top Clients - international production company from tobacco industry we are looking for Blender / Product Development Manager to work in new, modern factory in Poland, near to Radom
Candidate shall report directly to the Senior Operations Manager and ensure of product integrity, safety and traceability (inventory) from the start from purchasing, production processing to completion.
Candidate shall lead the production team by providing training and guidance on product knowledge, such as product quality, blends, Leaf grading & Agronomy, product safety, productivity and continuously improve products sustainability as well as its quality.
Products sourcing, coordinates and facilitates project/program management, development of use cases, test plans & strategies, product requirements, grading and specifications.
- Ability to work cross functionally, lead project teams to execute new product/packaging solutions etc.
- Work with respective scientific and regulatory team in developing necessary documentation and reporting required by respective statutory boards, adhering to world law and regulation
- Act as project manager for product development activities including concept development, feasibility analysis, scope definition, cost estimating, specification and drawing development, prototype evaluation, product risk/hazard review, vendor evaluation, resource allocation, development of manufacturing options, transition and commercialization testing, and implementation
- Provide technical product knowledge and support on the start-up and qualification of new equipment, processes, vendors, and trade suppliers to product completion and document / write research reports
- Drive continuous process improvement through the ability to recognize unnecessary complexities and process gaps, and proactively drive implementation of strategies to execute effective solutions.
- Provide expertise advisory, trainings and co-ordinates executing projects to respective department, peers, clients, installers/workers, and suppliers from early stage to manufacturing of products
- Work and communicate with both internal and external parties, in identifying objectives, budget, requirements and formulate options. Conduct routine and non-routine assays of tobacco products
- Evaluate alternatives in order to develop solutions while maintaining technical quality, code compliance, design, material quality control, inventory management, provide scientific insight etc.
- Responsible for preparation of grading process, products specifications, delivery time and coordinate cost estimation for all projects by documenting and maintain records on stages/phases of projects
- Supervise production as it is carried out, ensure product quality is as per the initial agreed
- Provide training and guidance to production workers on process and products optimization
- Initiate research to further the understanding and development of new and existing products.
- Collaborate across functional teams throughout the development process, ensure development is completed within agreed upon timeframes. Collaborate with to qualify new materials etc.
- Any other ad-hoc activities tasked by the Group CEO / Operations Director / Business Advisor
• Prior 5 to 10 years of experience in tobacco industry.
• Independent in creating new tobacco blend, new recipes from the scratch. Familiar with both leaf characteristics and flavour characteristics
• Independent in maintaining and improving of exiting blend.
• Leaf inventory management experience.
• Familiar with auditing and grading of leaf.
• 5 or more years of conducting analytical chemistry research and managing technical projects
• Education in chemistry/manufacture/production/supply chain or equivalent, Masters in Analytical Chemistry etc.
• Understanding tobacco chemistry and fermentation/product quality, inventory, blending & processing
• Experience in blending, production and quality process for white cigarette / tobacco related products / new products development.
• Experience in co-ordination and quality control process in production.
• Experience in developing new tobacco blends.
• Good sensory panel experience and basis knowledge of leaf.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and SAP and fast leaner of other company specific software.
• Very good project management and communication skills
• Ability to manage and work with cross-functional teams.
• Ability to engage with stakeholders and external partners.
• Ability to quickly develop credibility and begin influencing within an organization.
• Ability to work and thrive in an environment of uncertainty and quickly adapt to change
• Ability to travel & relocate internationally
• Familiarity with Risk/Hazards Assessment, FMEA, FMECA, HACCP, Validation, or other assessment tools/methods
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills of dependability and credibility
- Great opportunities in the international tobacco company
- Work with the most modern production and technology
- Attractive monthly salary,
- Fair and safe working conditions, job contract or different type of contract, a long-term employment contract, life insurance, benefit package and so on,
- Internal and external development opportunities,
- Basic and advanced training opportunities,
- Opportunity to sharing your knowledge,
- Relocation package.
Are you interested? Let’s talk about it!