Technical Specialist - Environmental - (ICP/MS)
Starszy specjalista (5-10 lat), Specjalista (2-5 lat)
angielski - zaawansowany
Rekrutuję kandydatów chętnych do przeprowadzki
Wynagrodzenie brutto / miesięcznie
3500 - 5500
Technical Specialist - Environmental Lab
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is a graduate-level research university located on the shores of the Red Sea in Saudi Arabia.
The Core Labs at KAUST are a shared research facility comprised of 10 laboratories run by over 230+ staff, with a mission to provide state-of-the-art facilities, training and services to KAUST students, faculty, researchers, their collaborators and industrial partners.
- The individual serves the ACL mission to support research at KAUST and regionally by providing high‐quality environmental contaminants analysis.
- The Technical Specialist has expertise in the high‐throughput analysis of organic or inorganic compounds including sample preparation and chromatographic and spectroscopic analytical techniques
- In addition, the incumbent is expected to fulfill a multitude of laboratory and university‐related tasks.
- Work in a team of scientists and technicians to conduct routine sample analyses according to standard methods at consistently high and traceable quality
- Conduct analysis of large numbers of samples including sample preparation, extraction, clean‐up, instrumental analysis and data work‐up.
- Ensure good laboratory practice and safety in the work area at all times
- Develop and maintain familiarity with the assigned techniques and instruments operation
- Ensure maintenance status and maximum uptime of instruments (plan, perform and oversee preventative and corrective maintenance, purchase consumables, etc.)
- Participate in developing and implementing instrumental analytical methods in the specific area of expertise
- Assist in writing Standard Operating Procedures for specific instruments and laboratory methods
- Keep up to date on other techniques that are available in the Environmental Lab unit
- Maintain a positive mindset, persistence and resilient nature in a multicultural environment
- Deliver high quality results at all times in a timely manner. Communicate problems to the supervisor
- Participate in periodic lab cleanup and maintenance
- Engage in other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Working knowledge in trace metal analysys using ICP‐MS; ICP - OES and HPLC - ICP - MS
- Experience with sample preparation techniques such as solvent extraction and evaporation.
- Ability to perform repetitive, routine tasks for extended periods of time while maintaining superior quality
- Ability to troubleshoot analytical procedures and maintain equipment following instructions by the supervisor
- General laboratory skills such as following safety procedures, neatness, taking notes, follow written methods and instructions by the supervisor
- Basic understanding of method development and validation using chromatographic and mass spectrometric techniques
- Basic troubleshooting experience
- Good written and oral communication skills in English
- Bachelor of Science/Engineering in chemistry, biochemistry, environmental science or a related field with demonstrated relevant expertise or Master of Science/Engineering (preferred)
- Tax Free Salary Package
- Relocation Allowance
- Mobilization / Demobilization Ticket
- Family Status
- Annual Vacation - 30 days + 11 Public Holidays
- Annual Home Leave Ticket - Cash in Lieu
- Housing - Rent is subsidized
- Schooling (K1 to K12) – free of charge
- Saving Plan
- Pension Plan
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Recreational Facilities: . Gym, Diving, Cinema, Private Beach
- Do you have experience in trace metal analysis using ICP-MS ? chemical speciation by HPLC-ICP-MS , mercury analysis by direct mercury analyzer as well as sample preparation by microwave digestion.