Level 2 Support Agent - Windows Networking Specialist - $
Come work with the top 1% of global talent to manage the delivery of WOW Support to our customers for 25+ software products. We offer a fast-pace environment where inventiveness and entrepreneurial drive are rewarded. We’re also one of the few IT companies offering high-paying jobs that are 100% remote, work from home. You never have to fight traffic to office again.
Versata provides software support services to customers who use our 25+ software products and our Level 2 support agents are the major technical resource for our customers. We are looking for Level 2 support agents who are passionate about helping customers. We need L2s with a variety of skill sets so we encourage you to attempt to qualify for the position based on the technology with which you are most proficient.
What do we need from you?
As a Level 2 Support Agent, you will:
- Learn and become proficient in solving technical issues in at least three of our products
- Solve complex technical issues escalated by Level 1 Support staff
- Proactively document, monitor and update Support tickets and actionable steps taken
- Support the Level 1 agent in communicating progress to the customers
- Submit software product issues (bugs) to product development for resolution
- Validate and document software bug fixes in product releases before they are made available to customers
- Stay up-to-date with all the latest technologies concerning our software products
- Create Knowledge Base Articles / Technical Notes
- Provide technical support and product training to other team members
- Participate in Team Meetings
What we’d like to see in your background
- Proficiency in using commonly available Windows platforms
- Proficiency in Windows administration and networking
- Note: We're also looking for L2s specializing in SQL Server, Oracle, Java, , and UNIX networking/administration. We're currently in the process of updating our application process for these other specializations. If you're interested in the position, but Windows networking isn't your strong suit, please check back with us often to apply under another specialization.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Well versed in current software support practices and tools including: troubleshooting, virtual environments, issue tracking, log investigation, build testing, and `ticket management
- Ability to manage your time and prioritize effectively while working multiple issues for multiple customers
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English
- Ability to research potential solutions with limited available documentation
Additionally, the following requirements apply to all Support positions:
- Communication Skills - In order to effectively communicate with our customers, all candidates for support positions must have excellent written and verbal communications skills. All support staff that interact directly with customers are required to be fluent in English. If hired to work in another language as well as English, communications skills in the other language must be excellent.
- Dynamic Work Environment - All candidates must be able to work successfully in an environment where our core support systems and processes are continuously improved over time.
- Process Adherence – All candidates must be able to successfully adapt and adhere to our process methodology.
- Video - candidates must have the computer hardware and networking bandwidth to conduct a seamless video Skype conversation for team communication. Ongoing use of webcam for billing and Skype video are required.
Working Hours: This job is only offered on a Full Time basis (40 hrs/wk). Level 2 Agents work between 8 am and 6 pm Eastern Time, including breaks, Monday through Friday. Please note that we do observe US Daylight Savings Time, so Eastern Time is UTC-4 in the summer and UTC-5 in the winter.
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, we ask that you first complete some screening tests. Once you receive testing, you have 7 days to complete all assessments and submit your you pass our screening tests, there will be a paid Support Evaluation Period (SEP) where we provide training and ask you to show us your skills. At the end of your SEP, we will: offer you an ongoing contract if you are a good fit for our current hiring needs; offer you an ongoing contract in another position if we determine you are a better fit for the other position; certify you as Versata Support Endorsed and add you to this elite pool candidates if it looks as if you are a good match for our organization, but not the best fit for our current hiring needs; or release you from our hiring process if it looks like you aren't a good match for our organization or this role.
Please note: For . citizens/permanent residents, we’ll hire you into the SEP at $(independent contractor, no benefits). If we decide to hire you for an ongoing role, we’ll move you to a $12/hr package with benefits (W-2 employee).
Versata Support is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that provides an exceptional work environment. All candidates will be required to undergo and pass a rigorous background check to ensure a safe and productive workplace.
Are you up for the challenge?