Your day to day:
Administration, maintenance, virtualization – that’s your world! Be part of our Digital Operations Teams and shape new and innovative solutions for the transformation of Vodafone towards the Digital Telco. Work with state-of-the art tools and open-source libraries.
As a member of the Vodafone Group Software Automation team your main focus will be to build and maintain Software that makes people’s lives easier supporting our digital transformation program for Vodafone Europe Network Operations.
You are supervising and setting up virtual machines, containers within a dynamic team supporting agile development processes
You are covering the whole software life cycle: from solution design up to production and continuous improvement. You are maintaining operating systems and applications with such as security patches.
You contribute to the design, implementation and support our server infrastructure including Kubernetes/Docker, virtual machines, databases.
You will be involved in all parts of the project, starting from planning to deployment, thus taking ownership of your products.
The job sits in the DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION team inside in Vodafone Europe Networks Operations.
With these activities you will have a great impact on our business:
- Contribute to the design, implementation and support our server infrastructure including Kubernetes/Docker, virtual machines, databases.
- Shaping and maintaining our automation development environment (Python libraries, virtual machines, data bases)
- Developing software as part of a dynamic team employing the agile methodology
- Participate in the planning and designing stage of solutions for business cases.
- Ability to share best practices and code standards to the team;
- Remain up-to-date in terms of current (and future) technologic trends;
- Hand-on ability to automate repeated tasks.
- Take part in various workshops, both internal and external, in order to expand your knowledge.
- Follow a continuous everything approach (continuous development, integration, testing and deployment).
With these skills you are a great candidate:
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge of Linux Ubuntu, Red Hat.
- Knowledge of VMware, ESXi and vCenter.
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as shell, Perl
- Familiarity with standard monitoring solutions such as CheckMK or Icinga2
- Between 1 - 5 years’ experience in PHP.
- Knowledge of SQL databases.
- Experience with versioning systems such as Git.
- Systems Integration and communication technologies – SOAP, REST, FTP, HTTP/S, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, TCP.
Nice to have:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering.
- Knowledge of Oracle Solaris.
- Knowledge of PHP web frameworks like Symphony
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies, namely Scrum and Kanban
- Awareness of CI/CD tools: Git, Jenkins, Jira.
- German language is a plus.
Sounds like the perfect job? We’ve got even more to offer:
- In this pandemic period we have 100% work from home for your safety.
- Medical and dental services
- Life insurance
- Dedicated employee phone subscription
- Special discounts for gyms and retailers
- Annual Company Bonus
- Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel on the job and enhance your skills
- You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology
- Getting in on the ground floor of and technology changing company
- Flexible Vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you!