Percentage of time the position involves travel:0%
Percentage of time the position allows for working off-site:0%
Job industry:Manufacturing - Other
*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.
We are looking to hire a Strategic Supply Chain Manager in either of the following locations: Hungary (Budapest, Sárvár, Zalaegerszeg, Tab), Romania (Timisoara), Ukraine (Mukacevo), Austria (Vienna) or Poland (Tczew).
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration;
- Passionate customer focus;
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution;
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement;
- Relentless drive to win.
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- New Business Development Support – Supports the business development activities of the Divisional customers, as required by the VP GM of the Flex Industrial Division (. prepare and present information to customers as to Flex Industrial’s supply chain management practices and capabilities). Provide Customer Quote Development for new, potential customers.
- Customer Quote Development – Serves as the lead for quote development with respect to all materials support required for all new business opportunities with his/her assigned customers / division (. receive the materials portion of all related customer quotes, determine the appropriate sourcing organization within Flex to source/price the related materials, resolve all information questions regarding customer’s provided information, resolve all issues with the sourcing/pricing organizations within Flex; provide the completed materials quotation - pricing and terms - back to the Flex Industrial Divisional lead).
- Customer Supply Chain Strategy – Develop the material and supply chain support strategy for all Divisional customer programs and ensure agreement within the Flex organization of such strategy as well as agreement with the Divisional customers (. participate in the selection of the Flex manufacturing site to support the customer - done in conjunction with the Divisional Operations VPs and VP of Global Product Launch; selection of suppliers to support Flex production and the logistics network related to incoming material).
- Customer Satisfaction Support – Provide support to Flex Industrial account management teams regarding customer issues and questions on materials and supply chain management (. respond to customer inquiries on schedule, delivery or cost questions initiated by Flex Industrial account management team). Serve as the assigned customer’s primary Flex escalation point for materials and supply issues.
- Customer Sales & Operations Planning – Serve as the facilitator for the Flex Industrial Sales & Operations Planning process that seeks to align customer orders (demand) with materials and production capacity / capability (supply). Through account management, work to gain higher levels of “load to commit” alignment via customer order placement patterns and through internal Operations, gain higher alignment of “load to commit” via better prioritization of incoming material supply and/or production capability.
- Continuous Improvement Projects – Identify and facilitate the implementation of process and supply chain changes that will improve the profitability and asset utilization for Flex Industrial with assigned Divisional customers while ensure acceptable levels of customer service and cost performance (. better order alignment; lead-time improvements; customer order “pull” processes; recommended supplier changes; increase Flex control of supply; promotion and use of Flex “house” brand suppliers).
- Customer MSA Adherence Support – Provide timely information to Divisional account management as to non-compliance issues regarding customer MSA provisions on materials (inventory levels, order lead-time, incoming material prices). Provide remedies and recommendations for improvement to the Divisional account management team for customer consideration. Participate in the presentation of such recommendations as required.
Here is some of what you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, engineering, manufacturing, or a related discipline; MBA degree is preferred;
- Exceptional program management skills having managed multiple, complex programs simultaneously with respect to order schedule adherence, cost and inventory;
- 5+ years of experience in one or more disciplines of supply chain management and operations (. demand planning, purchasing, materials management, manufacturing, assembly & test, logistics, etc);
- Demonstrated understanding of effective supply chain management in a manufacturing environment (preferably in an electronics manufacturing);
- Demonstrated success in customer relationship management. This experience can be from a sales or support standpoint but must include experience interacting with external customers on a direct “person to person” basis;
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills in achieving favorable cost and service provisions;
- Self-starter, highly motivated and able to achieve results in an autonomous environment;
- Ability to influence and successfully lead in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment.
- Fluent writing, speaking and understanding English.
Global Procurement & Supply Chain
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: accessibility@. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: chiefprivacyofficer@