Software Test Engineer
We are looking for an intelligent and customer focused Software Test Engineer to join our team. If you are a passionate technologist whose ambition is to work with people delivering leading-edge software solutions, using best in class delivery practices and tooling via a DevOps model for faster to market, customer-centric solutions for our global customers, then look no further!
This role sits within the Delivery and Customer Enablement (DCE) group, whose stated purpose is to ensure the customers’ current & future success by delivering and enabling innovative, customer-centric software solutions. Solution Delivery and this role is key to our ability to deliver state of the art solutions, which support our customer’s successful transition to the world of 5G connectivity and digital transformation. Be a part of our journey and #beyourfuture.
- The teams will be responsible of deploying cutting edge software solutions and integrate them with the customer & partner systems.
- Test the end-to-end solutions prior to deployment.
- Testing includes: System Testing, Inter-Operability Testing (IOT), Integration Testing and Customer Acceptance Testing.
- You will be integrated in the project team and able to take ownership of specific complex tasks and take them to completion.
- Working independently as well as collaboratively, it is core for this person to have a ‘can-do’ approach to teamwork and is available for reasonable level of travels.
- Experience in customer deployments / projects and committed to delivering excellent work with excellent people.
- Relevant Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent degree and have a curiosity to learn more.
- Practical experience in the test definition and test execution of end-to-end Solutions.
- Experience in a variety of technologies and test tooling, automated build and test systems is also essential, as is an analytical approach to problem solving.
- A proven track record of full project testing to customers, able to articulate a technical discussion with customer.
- Content of industry experience and ability to clearly describe technical content.
- Previous experience usage of UNIXC environment and Test Tool such as Selenium and JMeter.
- Shell script is essential.
- Knowledge of XML, SOAP, Diameter, and other TCP/IP protocols.
Nice to have:
- years of relevant experience.
- Understanding of telecommunications environments, within the Policy and Charging domains is a big plus, as is broader knowledge of the BSS environment.
- Familiarity to cloud native environment and building DevOps pipelines –incorporating technologies like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
Skills you will bring to the team:
- Above all else, you will have excellent analytical, communication (both oral and written) and organizational skills and the ability to run multiple tasks at a given time.
- You have analytical approach to designing, problem solving, testing and defect fixing.
- Positive, solution-focused attitude and you aren’t afraid of a challenge.
- Able to review and understand the requirements of the project, execute, and document the test plan and test strategy for each of the test phases.
- Able to analyze the Test Results and gather the required data for investigation.
- Implement the test scripts.
- Implement the Automated Test using the Automated Test Platform.
- Setup test platform and able configure Test Tools and simulators.
- Ability to provide technical guidance to your team and mentor junior tester.
- A burning desire to ‘be your best’ and work in an environment where you can really have an impact.
About Orion Innovation:
Orion Innovation is a leading digital transformation and product development services firm with more than 25 years of activity. Headquartered in Edison, New Jersey, the company has a global team of over 4,750 associates, with engineers in 11 major delivery centers spread across the Americas, Europe, and APAC region.
Orion operates in a broad range of industries such as: financial services, professional services, cyber security, telecommunications and media, consumer products, automotive, industrial automation, professional sports and entertainment, life sciences, ecommerce, and education.
The main focus is to be an agile and trusted partner for business transformation initiatives, providing deep emerging technology, digital design and domain expertise.
*Only suitable candidates will be contacted.