Would you like to work in one of the most stable areas of the moment? Come and work for Orange!
We’ll recruit you from the safety of your home and we’ll prepare you for the challenges of this time - your activity will be carried out remotely, during the whole period of the pandemic, and then you will work at the dedicated Orange headquarter.
Contributes to accomplishment of strategic objectives by overseeing multiple projects/services activities within the scope assigned. There may be one or more services that are falling within the area of governance allocated to a particular SDM.
The core activities within an SDM’s area could be (but not necessarily cumulated, nor restrictive to): project management, service transition management, technical service management, L3 application support, integration, RIV (integration, validation manager), scrum master.
The SDM may be required to fill in one or more activities for any given activity/project within his scope.
The activities will vary based on the nature of the service/s within an SDM scope. The mix of the activities should be leaded in such a manner to facilitate an agile and a devops way of working.
SDM role duties:
SDM oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of an ongoing program activity within his scope, including planning, organizing, leading, and controlling program activities.
Plan the overall activity
- Plan the delivery of the overall service within his/her scope, all the projects within his/her scope and the related activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the program
- Plan the activities of the team, and report to manager in case the team is understaffed, needs training, or any other issue
- Negotiate with managers accurate resources based on the need
- Develop a service evaluation framework (within the scope) to assess the strengths and to identify areas for improvement
- Input to budget proposals to ensure the continuous delivery of services
Organize the piece of work assigned
- Document service/s activities within the scope assigned
- Ensure the required technical resources are booked and available
Lead the service/s activities within the scope assigned
- Ensure all product team members receive appropriate specific training on the product; coach the team members, acting as a senior member of the team
- Coordinate the delivery of service/s among different activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency, liaising with the management
- Coordinate with the development and technical teams activities for service build and delivery, as well as various customers’ issues and requests
- Act as escalation point for any issues that may arise, and raise escalations to management when an issue cannot be resolved at his/her level
Control the service/s activities
- Define and follow up specific service/domain/activity KPIs.
- Monitor the service/s activities on a regular basis, and provide regular reports on activity, issues, risks, workload to management, recommending changes to enhance the service/s delivery, as appropriate
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with service/s activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
- Be responsible on the good delivery of the activity
- Establish (or follow where established) the framework and facilitate regular service review meetings with all stakeholders
- Build Relationships / collaboration: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, within the team, both internally and externally.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop ways to improve service delivery.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
- Plan & prioritize: Create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results. Prioritize and balance multiple priorities and projects.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Target educational background:
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in Telecommunications/ Computer Science area, or equivalent work experience.
At least 4 years of relevant working experience in managing complex technical systems/projects in a similar environment.
Project and operational work experience.
- Demonstrated deep ITIL knowledge – certification is desirable;
- Extensive project management knowledge – certification PMP, Prince2, Agile, Scrum is a plus;
- Knowledge of Software Delivery Life Cycle;
- Expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools such as Jira, QC, Microsoft project, Excel, Visio, etc.
- Knowledge of network architecture & security (switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, Proxy, reverse Proxy, IP Technologies, TCPIP, VPN, VLAN, authentication, SOAP, LDAP, http/s, etc.);
- Knowledge of middleware (Jonas, JBoss, Tomcat);
- Experience with Unix/Linux and Linux based applications;
- Understanding of databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, etc.);
- Strong understanding of Cloud Computing (technologies, types of clouds, terms as SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, etc);
- Understanding of automation in configuration and maintenance of servers in the cloud (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc);
- Understanding DevOps concepts.
Ability to travel approx. 5% (2-3 weeks per year)
Apply and let’s have a remote-talk – we care for our candidates, all the interview stages are online!
From ORANGE with love – a digital company