Every year, we change the lives of millions of students and leave the world a bit brighter than we found it. This year our websites will receive over 50 million users. Students around the world trust our platforms to find their best matching education. At the same time, we help educators diversify their (international) student population.
With your superpowers we will get closer to solving one of the most burning problems on Earth together: How do we effectively connect people from all around the world with global education opportunities in a relevant way?
As a Senior Web Developer at Studyportals, you will be a part of the core team that focusses on increasing the quality and user experience of the core of our platforms. Together with your scrum team, and the other engineering teams you will make sure that our platforms are user and value focused. Fully in line with both our Product and Technical strategy and vision.
What is more, you will be one of 13 engineers at Studyportals - many colleagues to exchange knowledge and ideas with. There is plenty of support to help you build and finetune the most challenging applications.
What will you do?
Glad you asked.
Within the team you will have three main missions:
- Improving the overall User Experience of our biggest portals
- Increasing the engagement of our users within the core functionality of our platform. You will be elevating the product value throughout the whole site, to increase user engagement, loyalty, and retention with your (technical) expertise.
- Help us to become more scalable as a platform, by decoupling our dependencies and reducing our time to market. Staying in control of our quality is key!
Let’s talk tech.
Virtually, all our systems have been developed in-house and are following modern quality standards. We work in a service-oriented architecture, powered by our own RESTful API and AWS. Our products are powered by VueJS, Node/NPM, TypeScript, Sass, and the necessary technology to ensure fast and user friendly high-traffic websites. Often as part of our microservice architecture.
What do you need?
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree, typically in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar degrees;
- Around 3 years of experience in Web Development;
- As a Web Developer you do next-level Front-end and Back-end coding. You want to be the bridge between the disciplines within your team! You love it!;
- Experience developing advanced applications using any object-oriented language, such as PHP5/PHP7, C#, or Java;
- You have experience with persistent data structures such as MySQL or NoSQL;
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or any other Cloud Computing Platform (. Azure, Google Cloud Platform), is a clear advantage;
- Belief in a mobile first, responsive search engine friendly approach to semantic web development;
- Experience in building and optimizing high traffic websites;
- Good understanding of user-centred design principles and good practices;
- Experience with conversion optimization and use of A/B Testing tools;
- Experience with (different types of) automated testing, is a clear advantage.
Why us? Because…
- An annual personal development budget because personal growth is the KEY;
- Reimbursement of your work-related travel costs;
- Possibility to work from abroad twice a year;
- Competitive salary including a bonus and pension scheme;
- 0 stinginess in knowledge sharing;
- Bi-weekly HACKDAY, during which you can freely experiment with new technologies or new projects, which you choose yourself;
- Opportunity to work from home (currently working from home until further notice);
- Employee referral bonuses: an extra chance to work with friends (and earn some extra cash!);
- An informal, entrepreneurial, international, and flexible atmosphere;
- Office situated downtown Bucharest & 3 mins aways from the station (if you want to go-go);
- The opportunity to help revolutionize the worldwide study-choice market;
- A company environment that is serious about having fun with almost everything we do, including regular memorable team events and a wide range of games and activities during lunchtime or after work.
The next step would be applying and being invited for an interview with us within 2 days!
Upon application, please attach your professional portfolio (if you have one) along with your motivation letter and CV.
Studyportals is committed to safeguarding your privacy and protecting your personal data. For information on how we process the personal data included in your application please see our Privacy Notice for applicants.