Senior C++ Application Developer
This position is an opportunity to be part of a dynamic team and contribute to our Network Visibility and Security portfolio, as we continue to evolve our MobileStack product to meet the demands of 5G core network 3GPP standards and network virtualization.
About the project
The Keysight Network Visibility products provide the ability for our customers to tap, aggregate, filter, sample, as well as perform many other functions on their network traffic for monitoring and analysis.
Keysight’s network packet broker provides multiple applications, such as:
- MobileStack – monitoring of customer traffic from a mobile user/session perspective (, SIP/RTP)
- AppStack – monitoring of customer traffic from an application perspective (. L4-L7)
- SecureStack – providing secure encryption/decryption for (Active SSL)
- TradeVision – stock trading monitoring and analysis tool
- PacketStack – standard packet broker features such as aggregation, deduplication, masking, etc.
- NetStack – port tagging and VLAN stripping
Our MobileStack products track mobile users and sessions, sending the associated control and user plane data to specific network monitoring tools (. probes) for analysis. In addition, they load balance across probes and provide sampling, filtering and VIP whitelisting functionalities.
This allows our customers to manage their probe bandwidth by looking at a subset of the overall network traffic, in addition to being able to troubleshoot specific quality of service issues. As network traffic continues to increase each year, our customers need solutions to monitor it more efficiently and cost effectively.
About the team
Working schedule is flexible. We have regular daily meetings for status and occasional technical meetings based on the project phase and status
C++ Linux, data structures, algorithms, multithreading, 5G, network protocols
- Design, prototype and iterate on creative concepts to meet our user requirements in a 5G environment (SA and NSA).
- Implement 5G core network related protocol parsers and logic to provide filtering and sampling on 5G mobile network parameters.
- Identifying methods for correlating user traffic to specific probes and patent methods.
- Participate in definition of new software product features and software.
- Rapidly solve problems and fix bugs.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Develop unit tests and perform feature/integration testing.
- Provide input and help resolve customer escalations for product issues.
- Use testing equipment (IxNetwork/IxLoad) or other popular traffic tools for traffic generation and protocol simulation.
- Collaborate closely with peers, including QA engineers and software developers in a distributed environment (US, Romania).
- Contribute new ideas and methods to continuously improve product quality and development efficiency.
To be successful you should have
- Extremely good English verbal communications skills and a desire for strong team collaboration is a must in this Agile development environment.
- Over and above, a deep commitment to your own quality work and a strong desire to help the entire team to succeed;
- 2+ years’ experience developing software in C++;
- Excellent knowledge of data structures, algorithms and multi-threading;
- BS in computer science or related discipline;
- Knowledgeable about tools and debug techniques (Wireshark, Perforce, GIT, Jenkins).
- Understanding of communication protocols
- of 5G, the service-based architecture and 5G protocols related to the core network;
- Knowledge 3GPP standards, the associated core network protocols (. one the S1u, S11, S5, SGi interfaces) and understanding the technology;
- Experience with security protocols (. IPSec);
What’s in it for you?
We offer an attractive employee benefits package that covers:
- Personal and professional development tools;
- Internal library;
- Medical subscription for employee and family members;
- Flexible working hours;
- Work from home;
- Competitive salary package based on performance;
- Access to sport activities, and many others.