As a QA Automation Engineer the successful candidate will be in charge of the test automation and quality of some key components:
- Participate in regular Scrum calls,3 Amigos session, Retrospective session etc
- Making sure to Complete Automation for tests identified with the Sprint
- Capture and report Functional, Accessibility defects to the dev
- Be flexible to work across Technologies such as Java and to have a willingness to learn new skills.
- Be an evangelist for all things QA Automated related by advising and recommending QA and Testing best practice at company and project level across the full Delivery Lifeycyle.
- Support the definition of Test Automation Frameworks.
- Work closely with Product Owner’s and developers to agree test cases and their acceptance criteria.
- Experience of contributing to the automation strategy within the wider Test strategy, approach and execution for both manual and automated testing on development initiatives
- Strong technical skills and automation testing
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Proven track record of leading, directing and mentoring QA teams and team members
- Track record of building comprehensive test automation frameworks from scratch
- Experience in high level test automation design and implementation, including unit, end-to-end, regression and load testing scenarios
- Back-end test automation experience testing APIs, Microservices and Cloud solutions
- DevOps and Continuous Integration experience (CI/CD) using market leading tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Git etc.
- High level knowledge of technical architecture relating to distributed and critical systems
- Experience implementing automated testing for heritage applications
Minimum 3+ years experience in defining and leading Automation Framework definition and implementation
- Experience in Core Java programming language
- Experience in using Selenium, Appium, Cucumber, Junit, Maven, TestNG, Jenkins, REST, Postman
- Experience in using either one of the Grid tools like Perfecto, Saucelabs, Selenoid, browser stack
- Experience in developing & Managing test automation Framework
- Minimum 2 years of experience in using CI tools, Jenkins is desirable
- Experience in writing CI Pipeline Script using Pipeline scripting/ Groovy scripting / shell scripting
- Experience with the Agile/Scrum development lifecycle in a commercial/production environment.
- Experience in using GUI automation tools like Applitools
- Experience in using Automation Accessibility testing tools like AXE, Pally, Google light house and Security Testing
· Industry experience with defect management systems and workflows.
· Good experience in BDD and TDD
· Experience of testing UI’s, Services and API’s
· Demonstrable experience of writing SQL scripts for data extraction and validation purposes.
· Expertise in Jira, X-Ray, Confluence and HP ALM
· Knowledge of API / web services testing tools, such as Wiremock, Stubreena, SoapUI
· Experience in writing API stubs for the application in test
· Hands on experience Continuous Integration tools
· Good to have experience in writing end to end CI/CD pipeline scripts
- Knowledge on Simulators and Emulators for Native Mobile App testing.
- Self-motivated and able to coach/mentor/inspire others in Automation best practice
- ISTQB (or equivalent) Certification or Relevant experience