Network Device Specialist
The Network Device Specialist is responsible for working with the Encompass CM and MV distribution units through the support of technicians, Independent Affiliate (IA)/Owned Affiliate's (OA), testing of hardware/software and internal business functions. Network Device Specialist are also responsible for assisting loading programs to individual units and entire chains via our proprietary networked and broadcast control systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Support of Installations, refreshes and service swaps for the Encompass CM and MV control units
* Provide support of Service Calls
* Satellite alignment support
* General troubleshooting and technical advice of possible issues regarding network device connectivity
* Perform quality control checks on all network and satellite broadcast systems for network integrity
* Provide tier 2 &3 support of CM and MV control systems -- processing incoming calls received via telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution to the support request
* Document support request and resolution information required to analyze trends and provide statistical reporting
* Perform client updates in CM and MV control sites (muting, program changes, network support)
* Provide courteous and timely and effective resolution to questions received from IA and OA field offices
Internal Knowledge Resource
* Interface with Local/National Service, National Account Specialist, National Account Manager (NAM), Local Technicians and Design groups to ensure techs have accurate installation instructions
* Provide program lists for National Client Services, Client Response Center (CRC), Client Relations Representative (CRR), NAM and Account Executive (AE)
* Verify program availability for Scheduling, National Client Services, CRC, CRR, NAM and AE
System Administration & Maintenance
* Tier 1 and 2 support of assigned control systems, including health checks, testing and validation of program changes, troubleshooting and change control
* Assist with new client setups
* Programming changes and updates
* Updating programs for chains per National Client Service requests
Provide back up for our Satellite Broadcast Network Operations Center
* Support the Broadcast team with calls from Technicians, Independent and Owned Offices with Broadcast issues.
* Provide tier 2 back up support for Client Support team with Broadcast Services (General troubleshooting, installing, and supporting Broadcast Systems
* Help with Mission Critical Broadcast updates and services
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
* Level of experience required: 1 to 3 years
* High School plus 2-3 years of other specialized schooling
* Ability to provide service level agreements and deliverables
* Good interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning.
* Ability to conduct research into a wide range of network issues as required.
* Ability to present ideas in a user friendly language to non-technical staff and end users
* Proven analytical and problem solving abilities.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment