Linux C/C++ Back-end Software Engineer
Keysight is on the forefront of technology innovation, delivering breakthroughs and trusted insights to the world’s visionaries and innovators in electronic design, test, manufacturing, and optimization. Our ~14,000 employees create world-class solutions in wireless communications, 5G, automotive, quantum, aerospace, defense, and semiconductor markets for customers in over 100 countries.
We’re recognized as a Great Place to Work across the globe due to our robust culture and dynamic working environment. Our global team acts as “One Keysight,” using collaboration, inclusivity, and integrity to advance technology.
We’re driven and curious, and we value all ideas, especially bold ones. And our strong culture extends far beyond our own walls. We leverage our corporate social responsibility framework to support our communities, nurture the next generation of engineers, and promote environmental sustainability.
About the projects
The NVS-Access team works with a range of visibility solutions that address an important problem in enterprise networks. Inline security and monitoring tools allow network operators to prevent incidents, inspect encrypted traffic, block bad IPs and more. However, these same security and monitoring tools can become a single point of failure - bringing down the entire network, affecting users and compromising security in the process.
Our products provide a fail-safe way to achieve inline security, without compromising uptime or the user experience. From simple taps that replicate traffic from one port to another to iBypass switches and advanced Network Packet Brokers that filter, aggregate, load balance and, most importantly, spot failures in customer network to avoid loss of traffic.
More info on our products:
Product technical/process details
- Bypass boxes are embedded systems running custom Linux distros (build systems used: buildroot/Yocto).
- Product specific apps are written in C/C++ 17/Rust/Angular
- Autogenerating code based on mustache templates
- Using Jenkins pipeline as continuous integration tool
- SW interaction/configuration of HW components is done using I2C/SPI protocols
- Management interfaces: CLI / SNMP / Web / REST
- Collaboration with the Hardware team from Austin/TX
- Using Jira as the Agile project management tool
About the team
The dev team members have deep and broad technical experience, being creative and passionate about technologies and eager to help and share ideas.
- Hands-on experience with Linux distributions, package managers and related tools
- Participate in the analysis, design, development and maintenance of cross-platform software components;
- Contribute new ideas and methods to continuously improve product quality and development efficiency;
- Interact with project management, leads, testers and other developers in order to understand the features, planning the schedule, designing and implementing the solutions, optimizing, performing development testing and bug-fixing in order to deliver high quality releases on time.
- Min 2 years’ experience in C/C++ programing:
- Object-oriented programming knowledge;
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures;
- Script languages (bash/python) proficiency
- Experience with Linux system configuration, programming, debugging
- Basic networking knowledge
- Ability to quickly learn and grasp new technologies;
- Desire and ability to work in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Romanian and English);
- Performance driven and having a proactive attitude.
- Embedded C experience is an important plus
- Familiarity with git and Linux containers (Docker) is considered a plus.