The Technical Support Engineer will support client products from a major network infrastructure manufacturer, working directly with the partners and customers.
The Engineer will work with highly knowledgeable group of customers and act as an escalation point for other groups within the organization.
WORKING ON SHIFTS to cover 8am - 21pm
• Provide L1 and L2 Support for VARs, Distributors, service providers, enterprise customers, and end users via telephone, e-mail, and web.
• Troubleshoot complicated hardware and software issues, replicate customer environments and network problems in the lab.
• Manage critical customer issues and facilitate communication between customers, escalation, and engineering.
• Participate in cross functional tasks such as new product development projects, support readiness teams, KB and other documentation activities.
• Provide on-site support for customers when needed.
• English fluency both written and spoken
• From a technical college or university with networking, security, programming and NFV experience, Engineering or Computer Science Degree preferred.
• Associate network knowledge (or higher) preferred - JNCIA (CCNA) or ability to achieve this within 6 months.
• Eager to learn technology, interest in programming, good level for spoken and written English
• Network fundamentals including routing, switching and security technologies
• Knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems
• Excellent team player
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent client-facing skills
• Very good knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP
• Knowledge in IP networking in layers 2-4(TCP/IP, Ethernet, VLANs, VLAN stacking QoS, STP,RSTP, OSPF,RIP, VRRP,IGMP,MPLS, Multicast routing protocols)
• Knowledge about Wireless LAN networks (protocols, standards, functionality, troubleshooting)
• Working knowledge in both Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems is a plus
• The ideal candidate will be able to analyze sniffer traces
• Excellent Communications and Interpersonal Skills required, with a passion for the Internet, its growth, and related new technologies.
• Ability to learn and integrate new technologies in a fast-paced environment
Knowledge in IP networking in layers 2-4 (TCP/IP, Ethernet, VLANs, VLAN stacking QoS, STP,RSTP, OSPF,RIP, VRRP,IGMP,MPLS, Multicast routing protocols)
• Experience mentoring junior team members
• Achieved a minimum of JNCIS certification and preferably JNCIP (CCNP or eq.) level certification
• Working experience with traffic generators and network protocols analysis tools
• Presentation skills
• Strong problem solving skills, applicable to large and complex network scenarios
• Proven escalation management and leadership skills
• Able to multitask when several critical issues happen simultaneously
Reasons to join us