Java Software Engineer
This is an opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer working as part of a world-class dedicated team based in Romania. We’re joining forces with experts of recognized technology leader in developing award-winning and ultra-high performance, cloud native communications software.
As Java Software Engineer in our team you will work on maintaining and adding new features to well established telco products used by millions of mobile subscribers around the world.
Our technology stack includes among others: Java, Docker, GitLab, Spring Boot, OpenStack, OpenAPI v3, Maven and the list may go on.
You will be part of a medium-size agile team geographically distributed across several locations, reporting directly to the Project Manager.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code according to specifications
- Identify and investigate bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Document features based on project specifications
- Collaborate with quality engineers to ensure project deliverables
- Communicate with customers’ architects through various communication channels
- Provide support on project features
- Pass on knowledge through trainings, presentations and mentoring sessions to less experienced colleagues
- Provide status and feedback to management
- Minimum 5 – year experience in working with Java
- The ability to quickly learn and utilize new concepts and find creative solutions to problems
- A self-driven and proactive attitude with the ability to work both independently and in teams
- High quality standards for software development
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Fluency with code versioning tools (such as Git, SVN)
- Experience with Unix/Linux environment
- Advanced English speaking and writing skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with Agile development
- Familiarity with continuous integration systems
- Customer-facing interactions