Hardware Designer for Autonomous Mobility (Iasi)
Passionate about hardware? You should see what proposition we have for you! Within Autonomous Mobility and Safety division your engineering skills can make a difference in the development of exciting new automotive products and technologies.
Continental has been pursuing the long-term strategy of Vision Zero for years, innovating solutions that contribute to greater road safety. We believe in a “driverless” future with zero car accidents and that’s why accident prevention and protection of drivers and passengers in collisions are all focal points in vehicle development.
Autonomous Mobility and Safety division in Iasi contributes to the Continental Automotive research and development effort over tree main branches:
• Vehicle Dynamics Business Unit provides highly advanced braking technologies for all vehicle types;
• Passive Safety and Sensorics concentrates in developing a state of the art active body roll stabilization system that reduces the body roll of the vehicle and enhances the lateral vehicle stability when cornering.
• Advanced Driver Assistance Systems is providing both sensors (from simple ultrasonic parking sensors to radars and advanced stereo or surround view cameras) and computation platforms for running safety, maneuvering and cruising functionalities;
Do you want to be part of our Hardware engineering group? These should spark your interest:
• Perform specific design analysis at functional module level (. Worst Case Analysis, Simulations, Statistical calculations, … );
• Contribute to redesign of hardware modules according to new customer requirements (. power supplies, microcontrollers, sensors signal interfaces, MOSFETs H Bridge, GDU drivers, …);
• Create technical project documentation and perform regular updates. (. Product Description, Circuit Module Description, … );
• Support the testing team in creation of test specifications based on module requirements;
• Support Requirements Engineer in definition of specific requirements at hardware level;
• Follow company standards regarding applicable procedures;
• Regularly report the status of your tasks to your direct manager;
• Cooperate within our international development teams and synchronize with our internal customers;
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
You can be a perfect match to our team if you have:
• Graduated the Faculty of Electronics, Telecommunications and Electrotechnics;
• Medium-High Knowledge of reading and understanding of analogue and digital electronic schematics;
• Low-Medium knowledge of electronic design (analogue and digital: power supplies, sensors interfaces, microcontrollers, H bridge);
• Medium level of English skills - at least in order to be able to discuss with international colleagues and read/create technical documentation (specifications/reports);
• Knowledge of following tools: Mathcad, P-SPICE, - Matlab / Simulink is a plus!
What we offer
• Competitive salaries & financial benefits;
• Flexible working time;
• 4 days per month home office;
• Health & wellness (Life Assurance, Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities, Canteen etc.);
• Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
• Work with the state-of-the-art equipment and technology;
• International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
• Relocation Package for non-Iasi Residents;