About the project
Vision Network Packet Broker is one of the main SW projects in our Network Visibility and Security portfolio.
We are developing an embedded SW stack which allows configuration of our proprietary network monitoring HW, offering visibility across the customers’ enterprise network traffic.
Working on this project, you will gain insight in multiple technologies ranging from developing new network monitoring functionalities using Java, enabling and configuring HW devices, creating REST APIs and exposing new features in Web UI developed in an Enterprise Web Application Framework.
About the team
We are a diverse team, spanned across multiple sites in RO and US. We are following a well-defined development process with clear steps from setting priorities based on customer feedback and business needs, to feature specifications, architecture review, test plan and continuous integration using tools and clear processes for source control, code reviews, and feature tracking.
Working schedule is flexible. We have regular daily meetings for status and occasional technical meetings based on the project phase and status.
- Design, prototype and iterate on creative concepts to meet our user requirements;
- Participate in definition of new software product features and software;
- Develop server-side components and APIs using Java, to satisfy front-end requirements;
- Adopt and communicate new concepts, ideas, techniques and best practices;
- Rapidly solve problems and fix bugs;
- Participate in design and code reviews;
- Develop unit tests and perform feature/integration testing.
- Min 4 years’ experience in Java and Web application development.
- Great Java and Object Oriented software design skills ;
- Excellent knowledge of data structures, algorithms and multi-threading;
- Working experience with Client/Server application development and REST services;
- Great working experience with HTML5, CSS3, and web application frameworks;
- Proficient use of dev tools & processes including JDE, version control, and defect tracking;
- Ability to work independently and within a team;
- Problem solver and technology enthusiast;
- Creativity, innovation, and resourcefulness.
- Knowledge and interest in Ethernet and networking technologies is a plus.
- Docker and Kubernetes orchestration knowledge is a plus.
What’s in it for you?
We offer an attractive employee benefits package that covers:
- Personal and professional development tools;
- Internal library;
- Medical subscription for employee and family members;
- Flexible working hours;
- Work from home;
- Competitive salary package based on performance;
- Access to sport activities, and many others.