Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
Your main mission
The IT Department of Ubisoft is currently seeking a full-time Data Warehouse Developer specialized in designing and developing Data Warehouse solutions. The future colleague would have to become quickly autonomous and cover by himself / herself the technical project developments related to Production Costs / HR & KM / Procurement reporting solution: technologies involving Snowflake, TERADATA and MicroStrategy. He/she will work also with our business contacts, technical representatives of our external partners and the support team.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and maintain ETL jobs and related data warehouse models/objects/systems, using an in-house, code based, ETL framework. This will mainly involve writing SQL code for the target database systems we use (Snowflake, Teradata), which will be executed by the custom ETL framework. Working with Linux or Python may also be required.
- Participate in architectural and model decisions during the design and build phases of new projects.
- Test the solutions implemented and analyzing potential data quality issues to determine the root cause.
- Perform database tuning including monitoring, troubleshooting, and optimizing performance of the databases
- Be a driver in the implementation of key new technologies already identified for our department and play a technical mentor role for the more junior developers
- Take initiatives regarding the creation of reusable components and help expanding the functionalities of the existing ETL framework
- Be fully autonomous both in the development phase and the capacity to deliver the assigned work
- Play an active role in sharing the technical knowledge inside the development team, and the creation of Technical Documentation
What you’ll bring as experience
- Very good expertise on BI development; previous work experience within designing and developing Data Warehouse solutions on database engines (Snowflake, TERADATA/ SQL Server or Oracle) and ETL tools (SSIS/ Informatica PowerCenter/ IBM DataStage/ Abinitio or other major ETL tools).
- Experience in developing ETL processes with data from various sources: NoSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Online contents.
- Experience with reporting and analytic presentation tools and technologies such as MicroStrategy, Business Objects XI, Cognos, Tableau
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal)
What you’ll bring as a colleague:
- Analytical skills and being accountable for his/her actions
- Strong capacity to communicate ideas and solutions to non-technical people
- A passion for being involved with/ use new technologies and standards to change
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Ubisoft’ steam members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.