BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
BAT ROMANIA is looking for a Corporate Finance Manager.
SENIORITY LEVEL: Experienced Professional
LOCATION: Bucharest, Romania
ROLE POSITIONING AND OBJECTIVES
This role is part of GBS ENA.
The role is responsible for providing support for the planning and reporting process for GBS during Budget Reviews and Company Plan and general reporting guidance to GBS entities when required. The role incumbent is responsible to produce reliable and accurate financial statements in line with BAT Group reporting standards. Participates in activities related to controlling, reviewing and validation of financial data, to provide management with timely and accurate financial information, to enable effective and efficient decision-making. Responsible for managing the GBS Business Cases and New scope transition into BAU, including key associated controls, directly through line management of the finance function and, indirectly, through peers in respect of other functions.
The incumbent is a key member of the Finance Team and Contribute in delivery of financial advice to the management team by timely and accurate financial information to enable effective and efficient decision-making. Contribute in delivery of financial advice to the management team and to define, implement and supervise the internal control system across finance function.
Reports to: GBS Head of Finance
Reporting Level: Senior Management
Geographic Scope: GBS ENA
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Understanding GBS functional budgets and variances versus previous reporting exercise; Consolidation of GBS cost base by Function and by location. Perform variance analysis and cause of change details to explain variances on the cost base versus previous budget exercise
- Advice and support to other GBS Finance teams during the planning exercise. Communicates with the centre and explains the reported numbers and variances vs plan. (BAT Group Accounts, Regional Finance)
- Alignment with all other Finance workstreams (OHDS, Revenues and Projects) to ensure all costs are properly captured
- Support provided to various budget holders (functions) during the planning exercise by providing details on underlying budget assumptions
- Provide support on ad-hoc Global GBS requests - According to the requirements, information is collected and analysed to deliver additional non-standard details to partners. (. consultancy analysis, travel cost analysis, Capex analysis, FTEs, Recharges etc.)
- Provides monthly support for the Finance Management Pack preparation. Prepares monthly GBS reports – local entity and management views for Global GBS
- Review and analyse the Actuals year to date spend review against the latest budget version and engage with other GBS Finance locations to understand the root cause for material variances and if any sensitivities needs to be highlighted.
- Engage on a regular basis with relevant partners to understand if any planned changes in the business case assumptions that might trigger a cost baseline change for GBS
- Alignment with all other Finance workstreams (Overheads, Revenues and Global consolidation) to ensures costs and benefits from Business Case are properly reflected in the GBS Financials.
- Undertakes reviews & input into company’s projects and new scope migration into GBS that would require Finance support as part of transition into GBS
- Collaborate closely with other GBS support functions in order to understand the finance support need for end-to-end processes; Develop controls & processes in projects which are then embedded into Finance support activities.
- Constantly improves systems and processes regarding monthly closing of the group books. Improves the efficiency, detail level, and decrease the necessary manual adjustments.
- Develop and improve standard reporting pack for GBS management to be implemented across GBS Centers. Drive Continuous Improvement and efficient ways of working, improved ability for innovation & value creation.
CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
Do you have controlling experience within a multinational company?
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ideally 3-5 years of similar experience in a global FMCG or similar dynamic operating environment
- At least 5 years of controllership experience with regional or global exposure within listed multinational company
- Understand the impact of the accounting process and practice (IFRS and group reporting guidelines). Good knowledge of Management Accounting techniques in relation to Profit and Loss Statement and Balance Sheet, excellent understanding of cost centers and cross legal entity recharges
- Good knowledge of Romania’s Accounting Law
- Business Partnering skills - ability to develop good working relationship with key partners. Apply a commercial approach to all activities
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills, detail oriented. An eye for detail to understand the platforms and analyse reports, identify issues and challenges within reports functionalities and data and propose solutions
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of relevant finance tools and systems, specifically BPC, SAP
- Proactive, and can work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
We are BAT
At BAT, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer withBAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
Belonging, achieving, together
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.