At SNC-Lavalin, we all have a common purpose. What matters to you, it matters to us, equally. You are talented and motivated, ready to explore where the future takes you and we’re here to work with you side by side.
Globally, we are one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world, but here in Bucharest, within our Financial Shared Services Centre (FSSC), we only focus on building your career, while providing financial services to the SNC-Lavalin entities.
This role is an exciting career opportunity for those of you who are fluent in English and French who aim to fully exploit their communication and analytical skills. Everything we do is based on a simple idea: The fastest way to get results is to build on what you have.
As a Accounts Receivable & Collections Agent you will be responsible for collecting outstanding amounts on client invoices, building and maintaining a relationship with the SNC-Lavalin’s clients in your portfolio and providing internal and external support related to the Account Receivables process.
The cash application process involves matching incoming payments to their corresponding customers’ invoices and accounts.
Even if some prior experience will be considered as a plus, the position is also a good opportunity for beginners as we will provide tools and training which will help you succeed in the role.
The Accounts Receivable & Collections Agent is part of the Accounts Receivable team from the AR/Billing Department of SNC-Lavalin’s Finance Shared Service Centre based in Bucharest and will be an active player in standardizing the process to make it more efficient and at the same time to create room for more complex processes that will be transitioned at a later stage.
While covering this position, you will be performing accounting tasks related to collections or receivables, by applying established processes/procedures. Your ability to building and maintaining trustful relationships with stakeholders, while ensuring timely payments will definitely outline you’re suitable for the role.
- Accurate execution of collection-related tasks and working procedures
- Perform root cause analysis, identify issues/gaps, provide resolutions and client account reconciliations
- Constantly communicate with clients in the assigned portfolio, project teams and other FSSC departments
- Identify areas where process/system improvements are needed
- Share knowledge by contributing to the creation/update of team procedures and documentation.
- Extract the bank statement for the previous day
- Check that for each payment received a corresponding remittance advice has been provided
- Apply each payment using the Oracle platform from the bank statement to the correct customer account based on the details provided by the client
- Contact the corresponding departments requesting missing information regarding unidentified payments from the bank statement
- Constantly collaborate with all departments involved in the Order to Cash process to make sure that an accurate customer account is maintained
- Achieve and sustain best practices, quality and efficiency within a strong internal control framework
- Consistently meet compliance measures and achieve service delivery standards
- Written and oral command of French and English
- Excellent communication skills and customer service oriented
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong deep analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to efficiently manage time, set priorities and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Works to completion and result oriented
- Experience in the credit & collections field, customer service
- Knowledge of Order-to-Cash process
- Basic knowledge of Oracle or another ERP system
- University Degree in Economics/Business
- Relevant work experience in a shared service/service center
Our offer towards work-life balance
- Flexible working schedule – organized in 3 shifts Monday to Friday (weekly rotation): 09:00-18:00 & 10:00 - 19:00 & 13:00-22:00*
- Work from Home
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Easter & Christmas bonus; performance bonus
- Direct contract with SNC-Lavalin
- Team buildings, FunWork activities
- Free French language classes
- Learning and Development programs, Training, Career opportunities
- Employees Wellness Program – fresh fruits, chair massage, counselling sessions, additional sick days, employee wellness rooms
- Friendly and dynamic work environment
- CSR & Sport activities
*6 mandatory evening shifts per month