ADVANCED SOFTWARE ENGINEER - BRNO
We are currently looking for a new colleague for Software Engineer roles for our HONEYWELL INTELLIGRATED Projects team in Brno.
Honeywell Intelligrated is a leading, single-source provider of automated material handling solutions and intelligent software that drive fulfillment efficiency for retailers, manufacturers, and logistics providers around the world. Through a broad portfolio of automation equipment, warehouse execution system software, services and support, our solutions give businesses a driven edge in increasingly sophisticated commerce and fulfillment environments.
What your future role will look like?
As a Software Engineer for Intelligrated project you will be a part of our growing team! This is an exciting opportunity to join our broader Project Software Engineering team based at our company headquarters in Mason, Ohio as well.
The Software Engineer assumes a high-profile role in participating to the architecture, design, development, test, and integration of application software. The SCADA Engineer (Supervisory control and data acquisition) will be responsible for the design and deployment of HMIs and backend data handling for manufacturing equipment and production metrics. The primary objectives of the SCADA Engineer will be to help and participate in the SCADA development by implementing best practices and applying industry standards. In this position you will perform a variety of product engineering work to support the life cycle of material handling units and equipment.
Finally, you will get the chance to gain knowledge of what we do and become full member of our team who after studies can further develop his career in our company.
Your Key responsibilities
• Provide software engineering expertise and design skills on assigned conveyor system projects, including controls equipment, components, or systems.
• Be responsible for the timely execution, as well as the technical quality and functionality of the software design and implementation of assigned systems and subsystems by following technical
• Specifications and design guidelines.
• Work with experienced software engineers on project related tasks that may include researching, designing, writing, troubleshooting, and testing software programs; and create technical specifications and test plans.
• Creating SCADA applications and development tools.
• Support onsite commissioning
• Collaborate with engineering teams: PLC, Electrical and Mechanical
• Able to apply the latest software design and development tools and techniques as required.
• 5+ years of experience in continuous software development.
• Strong experience in C#, or C++, C, Java.
• Strong knowledge in Object oriented Software.
• Command of English language.
• Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and Micro services architecture (Azure).
• Experience of scripting language like PowerShell or Python.
• Leadership attitude (someone who take the initiative to work alone as well as in team).
• Understanding various software development lifecycle
• Demonstrate the ability to develop efficient and high-quality software
• Embedded software experience.
• Driving license type B
• Full-time Permanent contract
• Dynamic and creative international work environment
• Professional development plans including trainings and further career opportunities
• Daily use of foreign languages
• Experienced leaders to support your professional development
• Possibility to participate on big projects for number 1 customers all over the world
If you believe this is the right path for you, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.