Description The Team
Our Corporate Tax department advises on a wide range of tax matters specialising in the areas of Corporate Tax, Indirect Taxes and Transfer Pricing. We act for a diverse range of clients in the corporate and financial arena such as multinational corporates, financial institutions and private equity houses. We represent clients in a wide range of sectors, including high technology, media, telecoms, energy, mining, oil and gas, chemicals, construction, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology.
Our focus is very much on international tax advisory and planning work for our multi-national clients. Particularly in the areas of multi-jurisdiction, structuring and re-organisations and supply chain and business planning.
We are market leaders in:
- IP Structuring and Restructuring
- Supply -Chain Structuring and Restructurings
- Business Transformations
- M&A / Joint-Venture Transactions
- Debt Structuring and Restructuring
We have a different mindset being a mix of lawyers, tax advisors, economists and accountants. We work as a cohesive team across these disciplines in both the London office and globally. We have the ability to advise on both legal and tax issues in a coordinated fashion.
We combine an extremely high level of Corporate Tax expertise with a collegiate culture that focuses on delivering clear, commercial and pragmatic advice.
Some of our recent accolades include:
UK Transfer Pricing Team of the Year International tax Review
European Transfer Pricing Team of the Year International tax Review 2015
European Tax Firm of the Year International tax Review 2016
Band 1 Global Tax Chambers Global 2016The Role
We are currently looking for 2 Senior Economists in our Transfer Pricing department. In this role you will work directly with partners and senior directors, both in UK and other jurisdictions, on client work in relation to Transfer Pricing.
In particular, the role will include:
Skills and Experience Required
- Taking substantial ownership of clients and ability to work autonomously
- Building an internal and external network of contacts and clients
- Working with junior members of the team to meet client needs
- Developing new approaches to complex technical transfer pricing issues
- Highly technical and experienced Transfer Pricing professional likely trained in a large accountancy firm or economic boutique with experience of working with financial services groups
- Top quartile academics - degree educated (or comparable) with undergraduate studies in Economics or business related subjects
- Further qualifications highly desirable, including a MA, CFA or equivalent
- Strength in written communication and the creation of detailed reports
- Attention to quality and detail
- Excellent technical knowledge and skills - and the ability to combine these skills with first class communicate skills and commercial awareness to provide outstanding advice to clients and other departments within the firm
- Strong team player and able to develop junior members of a team
- Ability to develop a practice - demonstrating initiative and pro-activity.
- First class communicator - both strong verbally and orally - and able to develop relationships with key internal stakeholders and clients with ease.
- A "client first" mentality.
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. We have more offices in more locations than any other law firm and most of our work has an international dimension.
Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. We're aided in this by our culture- we call it Fluency- which describes how we work, think and behave when we are at our best. Fluency encourages high performance in a collaborative and fulfilling way. Every person in the firm is measured in line with Fluency.
In London you will be part of an 800 person office, which is also our largest office globally. Originally opened inBaker McKenzie London is well established in the UK as a leading international law firm and regularly involved in some of the country's most high-profile legal matters. More than any other firm we can offer you the work, pride and experience of being part of one of the world's leading law firms but in a local office environment that is hardworking, yet friendly and supportive.
The strength of the firm and our culture is evidenced by a number of recent awards, including:
- FT Innovative Lawyers Report 2014: Ranked 3rd Most Innovative Firm in Europe
- The Sunday Times' Best Companies to Work For: currently ranked 80th
- Chambers Global 2015: More lawyer and practice group rankings than any other firm globally
- The Lawyer European Awards 2015: International Firm of the Year
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers 2016: currently ranked 57th
- Stonewall Workplace Equality Index 2017: currently ranked 7th
At Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please click Apply icon above to send an application and we will be in touch.
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you require during the process please contact in confidence Richard McCabe (Recruitment Manager) onr NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Baker McKenzie, London is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Baker McKenzie's vision to be the premier global law firm. This vision cannot be achieved without harnessing the imagination and the creative problem-solving capability of talented people whatever their background. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices.
The London office mirrors the wider firm in encouraging the best people, regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age, to fulfil their professional aspirations with us so as to create an exciting and diverse legal environment. Additional Information
- Opening dates for applications: 2 February 2017
- Closing date for applications: 3 March 2017
- Job location: London
- The salary range for this role is £pound;depending on the level of experience