Location: Valencia, Spain
Position: SharePoint and .NET Developer
Duration: Initial 6 months, renewable depending on performance and work volume
United-ITs is looking for a SharePoint and .NET Developer for one of its clients in the United Nations. The International Computing Centre (ICC) was created in 1971 as an inter-organization facility to provide electronic data processing services for organizations within the United Nations system. The objectives of the Centre, as stated by its mandate, are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.
The successful candidate will provide on-going support to ICC SharePoint and .NET Developer Administration and related services and will participate in the automation projects and tasks for ICC and Partners.
The scope of work includes:
• Participate in the analysis, design, build, deployment and support of SharePoint based applications and solutions.
• Build, test and deliver a deployable solution packages with instructions that can be used by the team to install the deliverables
• Autonomously implement code changes based on change requests from the business or specifications from the project.
• Work with the focal points and vendors for resolution of problems (functional issues, performance issues, etc.)
• Follow the Incident, Problem and Change Management processes
• Produce and maintain technical documentation as required
• Work in shifts as part of ICC’s extended service coverage scheme, and provide standby and on-call support
• Perform other duties as required.
• Microsoft SharePointand .NET frameworks version 4 (and above) development experience using Full trust as well as Client Object Model APIs.
• Experience in designing, creating and testing SharePointsolutions in large-scale environment.
• Experience in designing User interfaces based on SharePointbest practices, particularly skills in Apps model, HTML5,AngularJS, JQuery and CSS
• Excellent knowledge of Transact-SQL and PowerShell scripting
• Skills in general collaboration systems architecture and deployment methodologies applicable in large environments
• Skills in general infrastructure, including system configurations, clustering, performance, and the use of security certificates
• Solid knowledge and experience on Microsoft Technology landscape including various server products
• Experience in producing technical documentation
• Must have a working knowledge of applications development and technical architecture
• Must be technologically savvy, demonstrating the ability to easily adapt to new and unfamiliar technologies, software, and systems
• Must have a good understanding of business applications, technologies & software
• 4+ years or more of progressively professional experience in C# including 3+ years of SharePointdevelopment in large implementations.
• Agile or SCRUM Project participation experience
• Good knowledge and sound understanding of IT fundamentals and technologies pertinent to creating business solutions (software development and testing, architecture, applications, databases, integration, infrastructure and networks)
• Experience with Team Foundation Server version controls and build automation
• AngularJS development experience
• MCSD: SharePoint Applications and MCSD: Web Applications or equivalent
• Experience working in projects, application performance testing and tuning
• Relevant industry certifications, including PRINCE2 & ITIL
The candidate should have the following soft skills:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills.
• High degree of initiative, dependability and ability to work with little supervision.
• High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
• Ability to deliver quality results
English – Advanced Level