Location: Valencia, Spain
Position: Service Desk Analyst
Duration: Initial 12 months, renewable depending on performance and work volume
United-ITs is looking for a Service Desk Analyst for one of its clients in the United Nations. The International Computing Centre (ICC) was created in 1971 as an inter-organization facility to provide electronic data processing services for organizations within the United Nations system. The objectives of the Centre, as stated by its mandate, are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.
The successful candidate will provide on-going support to ICC Service Desk Analyst and related services and will participate in the automation projects and tasks for ICC and Partners.
The candidate will:
• Day-to-day Windows, VMWare, Hyper-V and SCOM support and maintenance
• Troubleshooting and administration tasks related to Windows, VMware, Hyper-V and SCOM
• System administration tasks related to standard server software such as database servers, web servers, application server, etc.
• Provide first and second level support for incidents when they occur using the ICC Incident Management process
• Handle service requests using the ICC Request fulfillment process
• Ensure access is granted to systems for authorized users and preventing access to non-authorized users by using the ICC access Management process.
Candidates are expected to have:
• Five years or more of professional experience in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) sector.
• Very good experience in the system administration of Windows, VMware, Hyper-V and SCOM, preferably with ICT service providers supporting a large number of servers.
• Must have the ability to manage and apply updates, patches, bug fixes and other deployments to the server farms.
• Very good experience with the use of Monitoring tools such as HPOV NNM, Microsoft SCOM, SCCM, and general Event Management exposure.
• Microsoft certifications are highly desirable
• Practical experience with data recovery software operations
• Good experience with LAN, WAN and Internet technologies and protocols.
• Practical experience with Storage Area Networks.
• Good knowledge in disaster recovery and data protection software
• Good knowledge of scripting for monitoring, task automation, etc.
• Familiar with Service Management tools (Ticketing systems).
• Experience with automated provisioning and integrated infrastructure management tools.
• University degree in computer or information science, mathematics or related field.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Knowledge of Service Management best practices (ITIL)