Location: Valencia, Spain
Position: Project Server Analyst
Duration: Initial 6 months, renewable depending on performance and work volume
United-ITs is looking for a Project Server Analyst for one of its clients in the United Nations. The International Computing Centre (ICC) was created in 1971 as an inter-organization facility to provide electronic data processing services for organizations within the United Nations system. The objectives of the Centre, as stated by its mandate, are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.
The successful candidate will provide on-going support to ICC Project Server Architecture/Development and related services and will participate in the automation projects and tasks for ICC and Partners.
The scope of work includes:
• Utilizing the capabilities of Microsoft Project Server and Project Online, this role will provide administrative and subject matter expert (SME) support to our partner / in-house infrastructure.
• Responsibilities as a Technical/Functional Analyst, will include the development, deployment and support of Microsoft Project Server and/or SharePoint and/or Office 365 to partner/in-house implementation.
• Responsibilities will include the development Project Web Applications, workflows, Project/Program dashboard/BI solutions within SharePoint and Project Server 2016/online environments.
• Provides expert advice on complex systems analysis and design; identifies the need for new interfaces (or modifications to existing systems) or respond to requests from users; develops plans for feasibility assessment, requirements specification, design, development and implementation, including project plans, schedules, time and cost estimates, metrics and performance measures.
• Develops and implements Project Server management extensions and integration with heterogeneous data sources through, but not limited to, the creation of scripts, standalone applications or SharePoint Apps; Is actively involved in the execution of the most aspects of the project Server / SharePoint implementation (. systems analysis, development, programming, etc.); oversees development of document and database structures, ensuring that all design aspects are addressed and control / security mechanisms are established.
• Extend the out-of-the-box functionality of SharePoint and Project Server to meet needs of ICC Project Framework; Translate process diagrams and artefacts into SharePoint/Project ServerWorkflows, potentially leveraging Visio Service for workflow visualization.
• Design and develop BI solutions using the Microsoft BI stack, and deploy within SharePoint and Project Server environments
• Develops, implements and monitors Project Server usability standards and guidelines, including testing paradigms; Prepares technical and user documentation for entire systems and interdependent applications; prepares training materials and detailed technical presentations.
• Trains and supports Project Managers in the use of Project Server according to ICC’s Project Management Guidelines.
• Keeps abreast of developments in the field of Project Management / Project Server and determines the need for testing and evaluating new products and technologies; provides inputs on introducing technological changes; prepares various technical reports.
• Manages the knowledge related to every aspect of Project Server and actively spreads it.
• Support ongoing, ad-hoc reporting needs and Performs other duties as required
Project management best practices (. PRINCE2),
Application Architecture / Design / Development to implement project /product lifecycle (full development lifecycle)
Candidate needs to be capable of understanding unstructured requirements, analyse them and translate them into tangible technical deliverables in form of reports
Managing and working with teams including virtual and remote teams
Certification in Project Management Framework (PRINCE2/PMP)
Experience/Certification in Project Server/SharePoint
Service management best practices such as ITIL
Five years or more of progressively responsible professional experience in application development and support
Experience in managing Project Server/SharePoint Implementation
Experience creating applications and add-ins for SharePoint/Project Server; Experience in SharePointWorkflows
Experience and expertise in analysing complex data sets and ability to quickly identify potential issues
Experience in producing technical documentation including proposals in response to client requirements
Experience in mid/large project management
Experience in the following areas: SQL/Server, XML, SharePoint development, Excel reporting, Power BI, functional testing.
Excellent SQL skills, the ability to develop SQL queries and stored procedures to extract/analyze data from multiple sources
Understanding of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) techniques and processes
Experience building dashboards and reports; hands-on experience in working with the Microsoft BI Stack