Location: Valencia, Spain
Position: Oracle Fusion Middleware Administrator
Duration: Initial 6 months, renewable depending on performance and work volume
United-ITs is looking for two Oracle Fusion Middleware Administrators in Valencia for one of its clients in the United Nations. The International Computing Centre (ICC) was created in 1971 as an inter-organization facility to provide electronic data processing services for organizations within the United Nations system. The objectives of the Centre, as stated by its mandate, are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.
The successful candidate will provide on-going support to ICC as an Oracle Fusion Middleware Administrator and for the related services. Also he/she will participate in the automation projects and tasks for ICC and Partners.
The purpose of this post is to provide technical support for the provision of a broad range of Oracle Fusion Middleware (FMW) software to the United Nations family of organizations. The primary objective will be to provide support for Oracle BI Business Inteligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) and Oracle BI Application (OBIA) services.
The consultant will:
• Provide technical expertise in the following FMW Infrastructure components:
• Provide technical expertise for the following applications Oracle BI Apps, OBIEE and ODI services.
• Provide technical support for the following Managed Fusion Middleware Hosting services (being an expert in any of the below applications in addition to the above applications will be considered an advantage):
• Perform routine production support activities and provide incident and problem management support
• Troubleshoot OBIA, OBIEE and ODI related issues
• Co-ordinate with the application and database vendors for resolution of problems (functional bugs, performance issues, etc.)
• Perform support activities during maintenance windows
• In case of emergencies, perform support (either on-site or remotely using VPN connectivity) outside normal working hours
• Provide standby and on-call support as and when required
• Monitor capacity
• Implement new OBIA and OBIEE environments as required
• Perform application upgrades
• Provide technical support for the OBIA and OBIEE development team of the Partner Organization(s)
• Provide assistance in OBIA and OBIEE landscape design
• Support performance tuning tasks related to BI Reports/Dashboards and ODI Loads
• Produce documentation as required
• Implement project-type activities and other requests for services
• Liaise with Partner Organizations on a service management basis, including identifying business development for this or similar technology
• Perform other duties as required
• Communicating in a credible and effective way: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Willing to share knowledge and within the team.
• Knowing and managing yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflective way. Uses criticism as a development opportunity. Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
• Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
• Moving forward in a changing environment: Is open to and proposes new approaches and ideas. Adapts and responds positively to change.
Functional Knowledge and Skills
• Extensive knowledge in the installation and administration of OBIA, OBIEE, and OID in production environments.
• Extensive knowledge in Weblogic and OHS configuration and management
• Good understanding of Fusion Middleware and its components
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Practical experience with interactive systems, advanced understanding of relational databases.
• Knowledge of Service Level Management Principles.
University degree in computer or information science, mathematics or related field.
ITIL Foundation Certificate
Excellent knowledge of English
Experience in managing one or more of the following FMW applications:
Oracle WebCentre Content (WCC)
Oracle SOA Suite (SOA)
Oracle Strategic Network Optimization (SNO)
Oracle Access and Identity Management
Content Management (ECM)
Oracle SOA Suite (SOA)
Oracle BI Applications (OBIA)