Location: Valencia, Spain
Position: Oracle E-Business Administrator
Duration: Initial 6 months, renewable depending on performance and work volume
United-ITs is looking for an Oracle E-Business Administrator for one of its clients in the United Nations. The International Computing Centre (ICC) was created in 1971 as an inter-organization facility to provide electronic data processing services for organizations within the United Nations system. The objectives of the Centre, as stated by its mandate, are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.
The successful candidate will provide on-going support to ICC Oracle E-Business and related services and will participate in the automation projects and tasks for ICC and Partners.
The scope of work includes:
• Provide technical support for managed E-Business supporting services provided by ICC, including system administration of E-Business technology components.
• Provide 3rd level support both during business hours and when on-call (24/7 for 1 week every 4 weeks). This includes routine production support activities during maintenance windows.
• Provide incident and problem management support
• Perform change management coordination
• Produce and maintain documentation as required.
• In case of emergencies, perform support (either on-site or remotely using VPN connectivity) outside normal working hours.
• Provide telephone number where the consultant may be reached in case of emergency
• Perform other duties as required
• Communicating in a credible and effective way: Expresses oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others; listens actively. Produces effective written communications. Ensures that information is shared.
• Knowing and managing yourself: Manages ambiguity and pressure in a self-reflective way. Uses criticism as a development opportunity. Seeks opportunities for continuous learning and professional growth.
• Producing results: Produces and delivers quality results. Is action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes.
• Moving forward in a changing environment: Is open to and proposes new approaches and ideas. Adapts and responds positively to change.
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
• Expert in all Oracle E-Business components with an in-depth knowledge for configuring, troubleshooting and perform administration type of tasks.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and learning skills
• Excellent understanding and usage of ITIL Operations Management
• Strong understanding in integrating Oracle E-Business with different middleware components
• Strong communication skills in English, both oral and written
• Good scripting skills using Linux shell, Oracle SQL
ITIL Foundation Certificate and PRINCE2 certification
• 10 years or more of experience working with Oracle products where of 5 years with Oracle E-Business.
• Extensive experience in Oracle E-Business technical architecture design, installation, configuration and administration.
• Extensive Experience in, migration of code, patching and environment refreshes.
• Extensive experience working in an English speaking environment
• Extensive experience working in Linux/Unix OS environments
• Experience in design, implementation and support of backup, monitoring, disaster recovery solutions.
• Experience in working with Oracle Support for solving critical production issues.
• Experience in integrating Oracle E-Business with one or more Fusion Middleware components:
Oracle Weblogic Applications
• Experience in scripting and automating administrative tasks.
• Experience in integrating with Oracle Taleo
• Experience in Operational Management for E-Business services
• Experience in Project Management for Oracle E-Business related projects
• Experience using HP PPM (Kintana) to do code deployments
• International work experience
• Oracle E-Business 11i and R12
• Oracle Database 11g and 12c
• Oracle OID 11g
• Oracle OAM 11g
• OBIEE 11g
• Oracle Weblogic 11g and 12c
• OS: Windows and Linux