Ejecutivo (>10 años)
Dirección(es) del trabajo
Este trabajo es inactivo, pero aún puedes enviar tu currículum a la empresa
Location: Valencia, Spain
Position: Oracle DBA
Duration: Initial 6 months, renewable depending on performance and work volume
United-ITs is looking for an Oracle DBA for one of its clients in the United Nations. The International Computing Centre (ICC) was created in 1971 as an inter-organization facility to provide electronic data processing services for organizations within the United Nations system. The objectives of the Centre, as stated by its mandate, are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.
The successful candidate will provide on-going support to ICC Oracle DBA and related services and will participate in the automation projects and tasks for ICC and Partners.
The scope of work includes:
- Provide technical support for Managed Oracle Database Hosting services provided by ICC, including system administration of Oracle database technology components.
- Design, install, configure and support Oracle database instances.
- Design, install, configure and support Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), including Stretched Clusters.
- Implement backups using RMAN, disaster recovery using DataGuard, monitoring using Oracle Enterprise Manager.
- Apply database patches, updates and perform upgrades.
- Co-ordinate with the application and database vendors for resolution of problems (functional bugs, performance issues, etc).
- Assist in the provision of technical support for the ERP development team of the Partner Organization(s).
- Assist in the planning and running of disaster recovery tests.
- Provide assistance in landscape design.
- Monitor capacity.
- Perform routine production support activities and provide incident and problem management support.
- Troubleshoot database-related issues.
- Undertake performance tuning.
- Produce documentation as required.
- Implement project-type activities and other requests for services.
- Perform support activities during maintenance windows.
- In case of emergencies, provide support (either on-site or remotely using VPN connectivity) outside normal working hours.
- Provide standby and on-call support as and when required.
- Liaise with Partner Organizations on a service management basis.
- Provide telephone number where the consultant may be reached in case of emergency
- Perform other duties as required.
Extensive knowledge and support experience of Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC), including Stretched Clusters.” is
Desirable elements are a minimum of 10 years’ Oracle DBA experience.
Entrevista en línea
- What is your gross daily rate expectation for this position?
- If you are selected, how soon are you available to start to work?
- Do you agree to relocate to Valencia, Spain?