Location: Valencia, Spain
Position: Network Technician
Duration: Initial 6 months, renewable depending on performance and work volume
United-ITs is looking for a Network Technician for one of its clients in the United Nations. The International Computing Centre (ICC) was created in 1971 as an inter-organization facility to provide electronic data processing services for organizations within the United Nations system. The objectives of the Centre are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.
ICC requires a Network Technician to deliver on-going projects implementation and support for the Network service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administrator – The candidate is responsible for the maintenance, administration of the ICT Data Center and WAN infrastructure. The candidate is responsible for managing and maintaining standard configurations, switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, voice gateways, monitoring and management tools.
• Deployment Team Member – The candidate is responsible for final testing and deployment of Data Center, WAN and Voice solutions, as well as all related technical documentation.
• Operational Support - The candidate is responsible of the Data Center operations at Tier 2 and handles request fulfilment, incident resolution, as well as participate in the problem resolution, preventive maintenance related to Datacentre, WAN and Voice environment.
• The candidate will also participate in the out-of-hours duty roster and Stand-by services, as required.
• Perform other duties, as required.
• Minimum three years of experience working on IT, preferably in large Data Center environments.
• Experience in high availability solutions and multisite environments.
• Good knowledge of Cisco IOs and NX-OS including the managements of switches, routers.
• Good knowledge of Data Center operations including the managements of firewalls, IPS and VPN devices and the techniques to harden network devices
• Good knowledge of Local Area Network, experience with Nexus technology, VMware virtual switches and NSX is desirable.
• Some Knowledge of Wide Area Network, experience on using different routing protocols.
• Basic knowledge of voice and video over IP including voice transport, termination and related Quality of Services.
• Good knowledge of network management tools and practices (network monitoring tools and AAA solutions).
• Good knowledge of content networking equipment including server load balancing, content switching, caching and acceleration.
• Good knowledge of network security including firewalls, VPN, intrusion detection/prevention devices.
• Basic knowledge of structured cabling including racking and mounting of network equipment.
• Basic knowledge of ITIL service management methodology.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a multicultural team environment.
• Experience in drafting technical documents.
• Exposure in Information Security Management System (ISMS: ISITIL and ISframework and other industry standard related best practices.
• Ability to grasp complex concepts, logical and analytical approach to solving problems.
• Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
• Excellent knowledge of English (both written and verbal) is required.
• Knowledge of Spanish is desirable.
The candidate should have the following characteristics:
• Produce and deliver quality results
• Action oriented and committed to achieving outcomes
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with remote teams
• Communicate in a credible and effective way