Location: Valencia, Spain
Position: MS Exchange Administrator
Duration: Initial 6 months, renewable depending on performance and work volume
United-ITs is looking for a MS Exchange Administrator for one of its clients in the United Nations. The International Computing Centre (ICC) was created in 1971 as an inter-organization facility to provide electronic data processing services for organizations within the United Nations system. The objectives of the Centre are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.
The successful candidate will provide on-going support to ICC MS Exchange Administrator and related services and will participate in the automation projects and tasks for ICC and Partners.
The consultant must hold industry certifications in Exchange, Exchange 2016 and O365.
The consultant must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in deploying and supporting large scale Microsoft Exchange 2013 installations and a minimum of 2 years of experience in supporting O365 Cloud and Hybrid environments and associated infrastructure.
The candidate must possess skills in Active Directory and be familiar with implementing and troubleshooting Active Directory and Exchange/Outlook in a multiple forest environment. The resource must have strong scripting skills and must be at ease with deploying servers and Exchange roles entirely through scripts.
The candidate must have a good understanding of messaging and preferably experience of other messaging platforms such as BlackBerry, SendMail, PostFix, and messaging security using technologies including PKI, S/MIME, DKIM.
The consultant must have experience managing enterprise messaging anti-spam and anti-virus platforms such as Microsoft Forefront.
The consultant must be able to:
• Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
• Write reports and procedure manuals.
• Present information effectively and respond to questions from a wide variety of audiences.
• Prioritize work, and work with minimum supervision.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner, and within SLM.
• Adapt to changing and ambiguous requirements during project lifecycles.
• Assess and gather customer requirements and follow through on tickets and project tasks to completion.
• Identify areas for improvement in systems and processes.
• Cooperate effectively with teams across the organization.
It would be an advantage if the consultant also had experience using System Centre (SCCM, SCOM, SCVMM) in the context of:
• Rapidly and consistently (re)deploying server operating system and applications
• Monitoring services and system availability, performance and events
• Managing virtual machine lifecycle and resource provisioning
• Capacity management.
It would be an advantage if the consultant is experience in email migration projects, including from Lotus Domino and from Exchange 2013 to O365.
Activities and Deliverables
Under the supervision of the Unified Communications Unit Head, the Exchange administrator will
• Work on-site in ICC’s offices in Valencia, Spain
• Collaborate with the existing messaging administrators to deliver the Enterprise Communications Service (ECS)
• Collaborate with other teams and contribute to the service and system monitoring and alerting of ECS
• Support and maintain the ECS infrastructure as described above
• Collaborate with other teams to define and develop documented procedures
• Participate in the “on call” roster (for support outside of working hours)
• Perform other activities as required.
• The standard work day is 8 hours per day with the possibility of overtime to cover weekends, holidays and to cover standard out of hours work. In addition, the resource will perform 7 x 24 on call support when required. The 8 hours may be performed following the business hours from Valencia or the business hours from New York.