Location: Valencia, Spain
Position: MS Azure support technician
Duration: Initial 6 months, renewable depending on performance and work volume
United-ITs is looking for a MS Azure support technician for one of its clients in the United Nations. The International Computing Centre (ICC) was created in 1971 as an inter-organization facility to provide electronic data processing services for organizations within the United Nations system. The objectives of the Centre are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.
ICC requires a MS Azure support technician to deliver on-going projects implementation and support for the MS Azure support technician service.
The scope of work includes:
• Well versed with Windows Azure Platform / MVC, Computing (Web Role, Worker Role), AppFabric Services (ACS, Caching, and Service Bus) and Storage services (table storage, blob storage, Drives) and Scaling
• Good understanding of Azure / MVC development toolkit, other development tools, Deployment and TFS.
• Design and development Experience of cloud computing with Microsoft Azure, SQL Azure, Migrating application on Windows Azure.
• Strong experience in design principles, Pattern and Practices, Security and data presentation (MVC, MVVM).
• Deep experience across the Microsoft Application Platform, including the Development Platform and Tools, Web, Windows, .NET Framework, SQL Server, SharePoint 2013 Server, and Portal technologies.
• A solid understanding of cloud computing, IAAS, PaaS, SaaS and Cloud design patterns.
• Experience in developing Cloud based applications thick servers and thin clients and development of web parts and services.
• Experience in Windows Azure Technologies (CDN, ACS, Notification services, SQL Azure, Blobs, Traffic Manager).
• Experience in implementing dynamic scalability, reliability and backup solutions in Azure.
Skills Requirements and Responsibilities:
• Windows Azure Certified Professional
• Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and analytical skills, enabling comprehension and development of complex business and technical issues, topics, and plans.
• Technical writing of design documents, use cases, deployment procedures and migration services.
• Implement and support solutions on Windows Azure
• Ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the Azure platform.
• Participate in deep architectural discussions with customers to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud.
Performing on-call duties to provide operational support
The candidate shall possess excellent knowledge of:
• Application architectural design experience
• Services Oriented Architecture
• Enterprise Application Patterns Commercial experience in Windows Azure or Amazon AWS are a plus
• Experience with consulting comfortable managing client relationships.
Relevant Microsoft certifications are highly desirable