Location: Valencia, Spain
Position: Directory Services Administrator
Duration: Initial 6 months, renewable depending on performance and work volume
United-ITs is looking for a Directory Services Administrator for one of its clients in the United Nations. The International Computing Centre (ICC) was created in 1971 as an inter-organization facility to provide electronic data processing services for organizations within the United Nations system. The objectives of the Centre, as stated by its mandate, are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.
The successful candidate will provide on-going support to ICC Directory Services Administrator and related services and will participate in the automation projects and tasks for ICC and Partners.
• Support, maintain and optimize the Active Directory, DNS and related infrastructures
• Design, develop, and deploy Active Directory solutions for ICC and its partner organizations
• Collaborate with other teams to design and implement delegated administration and support of Active Directory and associated services
• Collaborate with other teams to implement service and system monitoring, alerting and reporting
• Prepare technical documentation
Skills and Qualifications:
• 7+ years of IT work experience with at least 5+ years’ experience in system administration of Microsoft Active Directory Systems (Windows 2008 R2) and 2+years in deployment and administration of Microsoft Active Directory Systems (Windows 2012)
• Experience in installation, configuration and support of multi-site, multi domain/forest Microsoft Active Directory environments offering high availability and disaster recovery
• Experience with Active Directory assessment, migration and consolidation
• Experience with hardening and recovery of Active Directory
• Experience in configuring auditing policies for AD objects
• Experience in automating domain build, configuration
• Experience with DNS configuration and administration
• Experience with Group policy configuration and management for DCs, member servers, workstations and users
• Extensive knowledge of troubleshooting on Active Directory
• Experience in large-scale and complex environments, particularly global implementations with significant reliance on bandwidth-constrained high-latency links is an advantage.
• Experience in Windows administration and strong scripting skills
• Familiar with LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, firewalls
• Strong document writing skills
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Must be willing to participate in a 7 x 24 on call support program and flexible hours including some weekends and evenings.
• Good Knowledge of Windows 2012
• Exposure to Microsoft Azure is desirable