Windows/Azure System Administrator
About the job
Visma IT & Communications is looking for a passionate Operational engineer/System administrators for Windows Area with the ability to work on call shifts to cover 24 hours a day, 7 days a week , 365 days a year support for production environment .
You must have a drive to develop high quality processes that will run in an unusually complex technical environment. You will be a member of Operations Centre., where your skills and contributions to manage our SaaS solutions and supporting tools will be very visible. You must love to help team members and to receive help from them. The team is international so you will use English both written and orally. If the descriptions above fit you, and you can check several of the following bullets, Visma IT & Communications can offer you a very interesting work and very competitive terms.
Your skills, experience and abilities:
* Windows Server OS experience.
* SQL experience
* Understanding and usage of IT tools such as SCOM, SCCM, Octopus Deploy, PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC) - an advantage
* PowerShell, Perl, Python, Ruby Scripting - an advantage
* Operational experience, mainly Web based application
* Experience with business software (ERP, CRM) - an advantage
* Experience on PaaS and IaaS on public clouds, mainly Azure - an advantage
* Experience in working with hypervisors - an advantage
* Surveillance monitoring
* Excellent software engineering fundamentals.
* Ability to work on call shifts to cover 24 hours a day, 7 days a week , 365 days a year support for production environment
* Master's or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, 3 years relevant work experience)
* Superior analytical and problem solving skills
* Commitment to quality with a passion for testing
* Strong ability to work independently as well as with highly cross-functional teams
* Experience in testing, releasing and maintaining web based solutions on Windows technology stack
* Enjoys figuring out how to make systems fail in ways that help engineers improve their designs.
* Ability to prioritize and gauge tests for maximum safety and improvement gains. Careful and detailed approach to safety-related testing and documentation.
* English proficiency
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Take release packages from engineering and integrate it into our production and pre-production environments
* Install, configure, test and patch operating systems and middleware, including security packages
* Maintain and grow a production environment in a way that makes the system increasingly maintainable
* Participate in 24 hours a day, 7 days a week , 365 days a year support for production issues and upgrades, and pre-production installations at varying levels
* Monitor services that are provided to customers
* Work with different internal teams to understand product domains and address documentation/training needs
* Work to resolve a running queue of application support tickets and debug complex problems as they arise
What Visma offers:
* We offer an exciting position in an international working environment where you will be part of a dynamic and highly skilled international team.
* You will have good opportunities for career development through internal training and diverse work assignments in a prominent international company.
* We offer competitive terms and conditions.
* Possibilities to learn new stuff and get support from your colleagues;
* Company holiday apartments in Spain and France;
* Attractive salary and benefits package (medical insurance, pension PIII, meal tickets, sport plan, 13th salary).
We conduct background checks on relevant candidates through our partner Semac.