Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
As a WebSphere Specialist you will manage the cloud infrastructure environment through cross technology administration (OS, databases, virtual networks) execution of scripting and monitoring automations. Manage the environment incidents with a focus on service restoration. Act as operations support for all computer, network, storage, security, or automation incidents / requests.
- Performs application and system software installations and upgrades;
- Performs troubleshooting and solving of Middleware / application incidents;
- Communicates with application developers for technical support and issue resolution;
- Executes corrective maintenance on Middleware software;
- Executes corrective actions after failed automated software deployments;
- Ensures support for planned infrastructure and application activities;
- Performs restoration of the various server components;
- Manages requests to recover log files or other types of files ;
- Performs optimization of the application and the system load;
- Participates in implementation of new projects related to Applications Deployment;
- Executes Middleware related system activities in Linux, Unix/AIX and Microsoft Windows.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with IBM WebSphere v7, v8 support or development;
- Good knowledge of Linux, Unix/AIX, Windows Operating Systems;
- Database and SQL knowledge (Oracle, My SQL);
- Good command of Italian and English language;
- Disciplined, methodical;
- Ability to prioritize issues and to quickly find solutions.