The DevOps Engineer role will be responsible for administering a large and complex server farm. This position handles the installing, maintaining and monitoring the site's hardware and software, and is responsible for the management of both customer facing and backend infrastructure. The DevOps Engineer is expected to implement new automation tools and define standard operating procedures - apply his base of technical, operational, process or project skills to identify opportunities for process improvement, lead portions of projects or processes, and bring new knowledge into the organization. The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for managing and creating reusable scripts for configuration and automation, to ensure consistency in our server management approach across the company. The position requires to work closely with our Development and QA teams.
- Establish and maintain best practices around DevOps;
- Collaborate with developers and testing teams to design and maintain Automation and Deployment tools;
- Analyzes reported problems and documents the results and findings;
- Creates and maintain effective documentation;
- Debugs unusual server problems - Uses TCP dump to debug;
- Software deployment – code release (deployment of Python and JAVA code to production);
- Writes scripts for intermediate automation (data manipulation);
- Writes scripts for basic automation (replacing straight manual steps);
- Writes new server templates, writes test cases;
- Recognizes the risk of changes and tailors actions accordingly;
- Participate in on call rotation.
- 5 years administering Linux servers in a professional capacity;
- 3 years automating tasks with scripting languages: Bash, Perl or Python preferred;
- 3 years using declarative configuration management solution (Ansible, Puppet or Chef);
- BS in computer science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
- Experience with Monitoring tools (Nagios/Icinga, Ganglia), Atlassian Tools Package (JIRA, Confluence, Stash), log management tools (Splunk), version control (Subversion SVN, GIT), load balancers (F5 and Nginx), webservers (Apache, Nginx - rewrite rules and access control);
- Experience on Linux server administration (MAIL, DNS, HTTP, SSH etc.);
- Familiar with common UNIX config files (passwd, resolv, conf, hosts etc.);
- Understands automation tools for developing digital pipelines (CI/CD pipeline);
- Understands SSH (key management, port forwarding, debugging);
- Understands Network Security and Firewall Rules;
- Understands basics of IP networking, IP routing.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Amazon Cloud, Jenkins or other build and release automation tools and methodologies;
- Any IT certification is a plus (RedHat RHCE, RedHat Ansible, Amazon AWS, CCNA, ITIL etc.).
- Flexible, organized, good work ethic - requires little supervision;
- Able to stay current and adapt to new/latest technologies;
- Willing to learn new things and apply that knowledge to achieve goals;
- Pro-active, able to meet schedules and deadlines;
- Communicates effectively with team members and senior technology engineers;
- Receptive to feedback, helps & offers solutions;
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Creative and friendly work environment in an international company driven by innovation Competitive salary and attractive benefits;
- We are constantly investing in team training and general wellbeing;
- Trips to US.
About American Greetings
American Greetings is a creator and manufacturer of innovative social expression products that assist consumers in enhancing their relationships to create Happiness, Laughter and Love.
American Greetings major greeting card lines are American Greetings, Carlton Cards, Gibson, Recycled Paper Greetings and Papyrus. We also own large web collections of greetings on the Web.
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, American Greetings has offices worldwide in Canada, UK - Europe, Australia, Asia and generates annual revenue of approximately $ billion.
The Bucharest Office is one of AG’s IT Centers that offers support for the Corporation Teams in the Data warehouse, System Engineering, SAP, Web & Mobile Development arias.
We are a young, ambitious and dynamic team, growing together with the company through high trainings offered by our specialists in a variety of technologies across all platforms:
- Oracle, SQL, Informatica, Teradata, ETL, Unix/Shell Scripting, QlikView, Cloudera – Data Warehouse;
- Linux, Microsoft Windows - Active Directory, Exchange, VM-Ware – System Admin;
- Java, Groovy, Selenium, Apium, Geb - QA Automation and much more.
We are in Cotroceni Business Center – close to Politechnica University and AFI.
To know us better, you can visit our website americangreetings(dot)com and our Facebook profile: AmericanGreetingsRO