Contact One Communications, Inc. is seeking for a Web Software Developer - Senior to join an established agile team based primarily in Garmisch, Germany. In this position you'll be involved in designing and developing web-based solutions for a key Department of Defense application. As the Senior Web Software Developer will provide technical and team leadership. You will also be responsible evaluating, scoping, designing and ultimately delivering on customer commitments.
• Assists in conceptualization and development of new software programs and applications in coordination with COR and DevOps Lead.
• Assists in the research, preparation and documentation of program and application requirements and specifications.
• Codes, compiles and tests software applications according to approved specifications and business requirements.
• Runs and monitors software performance tests on new and existing applications for the purpose of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement and general debugging.
• Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines for all developed software programs and applications.
• Identifies, troubleshoots and resolves problems with developed and software programs and applications.
• Install and troubleshoot all required software updates and security patches for development related tool and applications in accordance with documented SOPs.
• Provides highly technical development, maintenance, and support GCMC websites, and other developed applications, using Drupal, Joomla, PHP, Yii MVC framework, JQuery, Integrated Development Environments, Code Management Systems, GIT.
• Provides configuration, management and troubleshooting of IIS, SQL, and any other systems supporting the GCMC websites.
• Provides Tier 2 support to the Help Desk relating to any developed software programs and applications.
• Operation of DSL Internet Capability: In support of the web software developer portion of this contract, the contractor shall obtain, operate and maintain a separate internet connection for the purposes of testing and troubleshooting external facing applications and sites.
• Typically requires bachelor's degree or equivalent and 10+ years of general work experience (with 5 to 7 years of related experience).
• Prior experience developing with the .NET Framework and greater, preferably with ASP .NET web applications utilizing either C# or Visual Basic .NET
• Experience with Microsoft WCF Services and web service utilization.
• Excellent knowledge of XML, XSLT, and mapping of different schemas
• Strong knowledge of XPath and XQuery
• Good understanding of JSON format
• Thorough knowledge of HTML and CSS a plus
• Experience with Oracle and PL-SQL and simple Database Administration techniques a plus
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in an occasional high-pressure environment
• Excellent teamwork and collaborative skills, with the ability to lead and manage the effort of others
• Successful experience delivering solutions as part of a medium to large sized development team
• Strong leadership skills and an ability to plan and execute effectively
• Familiarity with Agile software development methodology, processes, and techniques
• Hands-on experience utilizing and configuring IIS and as an application server for delivering web application solutions.
• Excellent organization, communication and writing skills
• IAT II Security+ Certification
• English Level 4
• Familiarity with some or all of the following: JIRA, Subversion, USG IA development and security standards.
• Successful candidate will be imaginative, responsive and be able to communicate well with users.
• Other helpful skills include LINQ Microsoft Workflow, WPF, SVN