Web Developer (NodeJS, PHP, React)
Senior (5-10 years)
Hiring candidates willing to relocate
Ubisoft Bucharest has been an important pillar for the local gaming industry since, being the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. It has a strong history of contributing to iconic AAA franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon, Watch Dogs and Just Dance, and has helped develop a total of over 60 games. Today, the studio is the 2 nd largest Ubisoft studio worldwide and continues to tackle the biggest challenges in gaming and technology, contributing to the creation of new and amazing games.
Your main mission
The IT Department of Ubisoft is looking for an experienced Web Developer for designing and developing innovative web based applications. You will be working in a fast paced international environment on interesting projects and gain invaluable knowledge and expertise along the way.
What you’ll do
- Design, code and test technical solutions while seeking optimal performance and structuring;
- Define and implement technical solutions that answer best clients’ needs;
- Establish responsible deadlines and personal work plans and manage time effectively;
- Work with Project Managers to build project plans and estimations;
- Propose ideas of improvement of the applications, procedures and technologies used;
- Proactively seek opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies;
- Follow and enhance existing development processes;
- Be involved in core projects for the company.
What you’ll bring as experience
- Extensive experience developing object-oriented PHP applications;
- Experience using NodeJS and React;
- Experience using and optimizing MySQL, Redis;
- Experience working on high traffic or large brand websites;
- Good command of English.
Nice to have
- Experience working with MVC frameworks or PSR-15 Middleware microframeworks, such as Zend Framework or Expressive Framework;
- Experience with React, Redux;
- Experience with version control systems, distributed revision control and source code management systems, preferably Git.
What you'll bring as a colleague
- Ability to complete duties on time whilst maintaining a high quality service;
- Enthusiasm in learning and using new technologies;
- Good attention to details;
- Good communication skills;
- Sense of humor, positive approach, working well within a team.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Through its business units, Ubisoft is committed to enriching people’s lives with original and memorable experiences and it’s defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games;
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, gym, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Challenge accepted? Join us and create the unknown.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.