Location: Valencia, Spain
Position: Web Administrator (Linux)
Duration: Initial 6 months, renewable depending on performance and work volume
United-ITs is looking for a Web Administrator (Linux) for one of its clients in the United Nations. The International Computing Centre (ICC) was created in 1971 as an inter-organization facility to provide electronic data processing services for organizations within the United Nations system. The objectives of the Centre, as stated by its mandate, are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.
The successful candidate will provide on-going support to ICC Web Administrator (Linux) and related services and will participate in the automation projects and tasks for ICC and Partners.
The scope of work includes:
• Administration of system/software configurations and troubleshoot Linux based Web environment issues.
• Document and improve upon processes, procedures, and best practices to align with industry standards and customer needs
• Perform system administration of web and application servers.
• Provide recommendations on configuration improvements.
• Analyze and identify key areas for automation and optimization, including improvements in system performance, processes, and deployments.
• Develop system tools and utilities (. scripts) to support the web infrastructure.
• Coordinating maintenance and outages with infrastructure and business groups
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
• Hands-on experience of the complete LAMP/LEMP stack, including advanced web caching mechanisms and load balancing.
• Experience in support, installation, configuration, clustering, best practices, troubleshooting, performance tuning of JBOSS & Tomcat on various platforms.
• Experience with PHP based Web application management and troubleshooting from an infrastructure perspective, including but not limited to Drupal, WordPress and Moodle.
• Database infrastructure skills - MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL - including advanced cluster implementation, load balancing and tuning.
• Excellent Knowledge of network communication protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL/TLS, RPC, etc.) including the ability to analyze network issues.
• Scripting knowledge - PHP, Java, Ruby, Python, Perl or Bash.
• Good knowledge about web & applications performance monitoring.
• Experience in continuous delivery tools like Git, Bamboo, and other version control
• Docker containers experience is desirable
• Experience working with geographically dispersed teams.
• Ability to grasp complex concepts, logical and analytical approach to solving problems.
• Knowledge of ITIL service management methodology
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks around changing priorities
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Excellent technical documentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
• Professional attitude
• Must be willing to participate in a 7 x 24 on call support program and flexible hours including some weekends and evenings.
• Minimum 7 years working experience as Web Administrator (Linux)
• Excellent knowledge of English is required
The salary range is represented as gross/day.