We are Lenovo!
We’re a leader in genuine innovation, dreaming up – and building – the technology and services that enable and inspire progress around the world. Our innovative high-quality PCs & Smart Devices, Data Centers, Mobile and Smart Office products are designed and built with the customer in mind. And it’s our people who make this all happen- we believe different is better and our strength lies in this diversity.
Lenovo is the Number 1 Supercomputing provider in the world measured by Top 500 entries, and we keep going. Our Datacenter team is dedicated to fostering an environment that encourages entrepreneurism and ownership - a workplace where your talents can be challenged, and your efforts recognized and rewarded.
This is a great opportunity to join Lenovo’s Data Centre Group as we build out our Edge Computing organization.
We are looking for a Virtual Infrastructure Administrator to join our newbuilt WW Managed Services team in Bucharest! This is a very exciting opportunity for people who want to make a difference.
This will be a 24/7 support; you will be rotating in 3 different shifts.
These are your detailed responsibilities:
• Monitor VMWare Cloud Foundation environments for multiple customers remotely;
• Monitor backup/restore tasks for multiple customers remotely;
• Interpret the meaning of events and incidents, selecting a suitable response if required;
• Identify and act quickly on opportunities to enhance customer experience;
• Regularly analyze and critique our VMWare monitoring and operational solutions, processes, and procedures for possible blind spots;
• Participate in an on-call rotation to support the VMware/Backup/Storage machines and services hosed to resolve technical client server issues and requests;
• Assuring effective communication to customer stakeholders in the event of a service disruption, degradation or outage to make sure that they receive the latest updates as our operations teams work to restore full service;
• Monitor daily performance of back-end infrastructure and communicate changes to systems, clearly and concisely;
• Ensure that our applications and infrastructure are designed and implemented to the highest security standards thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust.
You will report to ThinkAgile &Premier, ASP and Managed Services Manager, you will be supporting customers in EMEA. You will participate in weekly collaborative planning calls and meetings.
What you’ll bring / Position Requirements:
• Demonstrated experience provisioning, configuring and maintaining VMWare Cloud Foundation services;
• Comprehensive hands-on experience with virtual technologies to include VMWare ESX/ESXi, vSphere, VMotion, VCenter, DRS, HA, SRM,NSX,VSAN, VROps, and VRA;
• VMware administration support & management;
• Experience troubleshooting and tuning VMware ESXi hosts/servers;
• Experience with Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) tools such as Nagios.
Nice to have:
• Experience supporting network related technologies including enterprise LANs, WANs, SD-WANs, routers, switches, VPN, network load balancers;
• Veeam administration support & management;
• Experience with DevOps and infrastructure-as-code tools preferred (ex. Chef, PowerShell, Ansible, Jenkins.);
• Operational understanding of regulatory compliance, including, but not limited to HIPAA, HI-TECH, and PCI-DSS.
What We Will Offer You:
• An open and stimulating environment within one of the most forward-thinking IT companies;
• Flat structures and fast decision-making processes;
• A modern and flexible way of working to combine personal and professional life, working from home;
• An international team with a high focus on Gender Diversity;
• Attractive compensation package.
We are looking forward to discussing this position with you soon!
Lenovo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.