Video Operations 2nd Line Engineer
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
English - advanced
Manages and maintains the telecommunications networks of the operational groups in the Vodafone European Hub.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues in the IP / IPTV infrastructure of different Operators from the Vodafone Group and escalates to different vendors if necessary.
- Solves technical issues reported by the monitoring department (Front Office)
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex technical issues.
- Performs emergency recovery actions for components in the IPTV infrastructure.
- Performs emergency configuration actions in order to solve issues raised after the deployment of changes or during incidents impacting the IPTV infrastructure.
- Performs planned maintenance actions according with the procedures, and makes sure that unexpected impact on the IPTV service is avoided during the implementation of the changes and/or after.
- Coordinates integration / acceptance testing for new network elements in the IPTV infrastructure.
- Technical studies: University of Electronics, Telecomunications and Information Technology
- Basic knowledge related to IPTV concepts and equipment.
- Capability to work with common Windows and Web applications
- Basic / Advanced Windows Server / Unix knowledge
- Basic streaming / content management knowledge
- Basic IP transport knwoledge (Routing, Swithcing, QoS)
- Advanced communication skills
- Spoken/written English language knowledge
- Programming skills (preferably Python)