Hiring candidates willing to relocate
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
Ivanti is the brainchild of LANDESK and HEAT Software that combined its powers in 2017. Ivanti offers IT solutions designed to increase user productivity while reducing IT security risk.
The R&D center from Bucharest includes over 40 software development professionals who work with multiple technologies, various flavors of Microsoft technologies, mobile technologies etc. Software development is done mainly in C#, but lately C++ too.
Ivanti is planning to continue investing in the Romanian center, in terms of office space, the best IT equipment and in hiring and training IT professionals.
At Ivanti, we take our products and our customers very seriously, but ourselves not so much.
We are looking for a talented UX Designer to help us deliver our vision of a unified IT management solution. You will play a crucial and strategic role – defining and shaping the user experience of our new cloud product, in close collaboration with product and technical leaders, along with your teammates in our global UX organisation. Ivanti is investing heavily in UX and has taken big strides towards implementing research and validation practices at scale across our product development teams. We are laser-focused on delivering better products, and the success of our customers.
What you’ll do:
- Engage in, and often lead, research and discovery activities to develop deep empathy with our customers and understand their needs and challenges.
- Assist in defining the problems to be addressed and the outcomes we want to create with our products.
- Ideate design solutions at all levels of fidelity, from rough whiteboard and paper sketches through to polished visual designs.
- Prototype your designs using leading software tools to quickly bring them to life, creating a sense of interaction and flow.
- Get involved in the testing and validation of your design solutions, iterating and enhancing them in line with the results and feedback obtained.
Also, we need you to:
- Contribute strategic design vision and big picture thinking.
- Set the bar for other designers in the group.
- Advise, support and mentor less experienced members of the team.
- Work horizontally across the product teams to drive alignment and consistency, playing a key role in bringing everything together.
- You will have been a UX designer for at least five years, ideally with experience working on Cloud / SaaS products.
- You will be able to showcase a strong UX portfolio containing projects that demonstrate the end to end process from initial research, through ideation, prototyping and testing, all the way to delivery of the final product.
- You will be curious and tenacious in wanting to understand the underlying causes of problems and user behaviours, employing both qualitative and quantitative research techniques to achieve this.
- You are comfortable playing a leading role in the product design process, guiding a cross-functional team through workshops, design sprints and discovery activities.
- You communicate clearly, confidently and persuasively, using sound rationale to reinforce your views and decisions, and influence people at all levels.
- You instinctively build positive relationships, partnering and collaborating effectively across the wider organization, and multiple geographies.
- You demonstrate strong business acumen and the ability to think strategically.
- You lead by example and inspire those around you to do their best work.
Why choose Ivanti?
- Join a large, rapidly evolving global UX team of over 20 designers, with plans to grow by 50% within the next 6 months.
- Work for a company that is truly invested in UX, where research and discovery work is not only expected, but highly valued.
- Leverage and contribute to the development of a world class design system.
- Receive support from an established DesignOps team with dedicated front-end resources, and, soon, a dedicated research function.
- Travel the globe – in the past 12 months alone, our designers have had the opportunity to visit Prague, London, Madrid and Nashville, and there’s more to come.
- Embark on a defined career path with real opportunities to grow and advance.
- Enjoy a highly competitive salary along with an outstanding benefits package.
- A competitive, above the market salary
- Regina Maria Premium subscription for you, your friends and family
- 25 paid holidays
- 75 Euros per month for sport activities
- 100 RON for transportation
- Sodexo lunchcard
- Private pension
- Unlimited work from home
- Flexible working hours