The employer is not currently actively recruiting for this position, but you can apply for the ad.
UNIX SYSTEM SUPPORT ENGINEER
Middle (2-5 years)
- Install, configure and upgrade Oracle Solaris systems;
- Perform routine system maintenance and resolve server-side issues as they arise
- Provide technical support and guidance to users, answer technical questions and resolve configuration issues
- Monitor system performance, develop and deploy solutions to server side performance problems
- Maintain system security and proactively develop protections
- Implement configuration changes according to customer requests;
- Prepare the documentation for the technical solutions provided
- Operate and maintain IT systems in a complex multi-vendor environment.
- 3 years experience in a similar position;
- Good background in Solaris systems setup, deployment and maintenance;
- Highly analytical and able to examine error logs, system performance data, and user information
- Familiar with best practices and techniques to maintain and enhance information security
- Creative and skilled in technical problem-solving
- Oracle Linux expertise is a decided plus;
- Degree in engineering or similar;
- Customer and service orientation, ability to operate well in an international and multicultural environment;
- Dynamic and good communications skills;
- Proficiency in English
- Driving license B.
- If you know somebody suitable for this position or if you want to apply, please send a detailed CV by e-mail: