Unity Game Networking Engineer
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years), Executive (>10 years)
This job can be done remotely
English - advanced
Hiring candidates willing to relocate
Gross salary / month
25000 - 50000
Ardent Blue Technologies is a software development and staff augmentation company doing business since 2011. We have secured well recognized Fortune 500 clients in various domains including game development, game/film/architecture tools, game anti-cheat, IoT, VR and Blue’s client in the gaming industry is seeking a seasoned Game Network Engineer.
The position is contract, full time, remote and with competitive pay. Starts immediately. Long term, ongoing contract.
- Developing Master Server and Client flow for a server-authoritative game, server instances created per session- Integrating into supported server hosting APIs (Multiplay)
- Working with Unity Forge Networking back-end creation and integration
- Database architecture, integration, scalability
- Full end-to-end process of group play in a standard aRPG: player grouping, instance reservation andallocation.
- Splitting Actor components such as visual components and creating gameplay-first methods to display visuals- Unity C# gameplay specific programming with relation to networking- Working with our social system (REST API)
- Assisting a junior networking developer
- Bachelor's in computer science or related field
- 5 years developing in C# and Unity
- Experience building gameplay and strong understanding of large and interrelated gameplay systems
- Strong knowledge and experience with aRPG
- Experience shipping Networking gameplay for a live Ops game
- Experience implementing gameplay and gameplay code in a network, server authoritative
- Server hosting and the preparation of server image authoritative logic
- Strong English written and spoken skills
- Home office and ability to work North American hours