Middle (2-5 years)
Hiring candidates willing to relocate
Our client, a leading technology company specializing in telecom software development and delivery, operating worldwide is looking for talented people to take on the role of Business Support Systems Engineer in Brussels, Belgium. (Relocation is needed)
The purpose of the BSS Engineer is to review business processes in Business support systems domain (OSS is an Operating Support System used to support telecom business operations) in order to gain a complete understanding of business flows, current procedures and the relationships with outer systems, identify improvements, document those processes, and connect business people to information technology groups.
As a BSS engineer, Software and Hardware technology needs to be used in your daily work. You need to manage many different tasks and deal with unexpected situation.
- Daily maintenance of the ONLINE system (Software and Hardware).
- Supporting maintenance team to deal with customers’ complains.
- Create several full-in tickets through the Zsmart system (our own system), tracking these tickets and making a feedback for the problems received for intervention
- Communicating with customers face to face or online.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external clients with regard to daily servicing inquiries.
- Handle complex projects autonomously
- Provide high client support remotely as well as onsite
- Participate in software evolution tasks
- Testing and evaluating the software our company develops
- Assure preventive and corrective maintenance and propose enhancements
- Provide basic training to our partners/final clients in the use of the software
- Guarantee deliverables quality
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science/ Telecommunication or some other relevant major
- Knowledge of telecom industry, especially understanding and knowledge of OSS, CRM, Billing, data analytics is preferred.
- Working knowledge of/ experience with: Database (Oracle, Mysql…), Linux/Unix, Shell Python, Perl, Java, C languages, C++ and Cloud computing basics is an advantage
- Fluent use of Microsoft office software including Word, Excel, PPT, Visio.
- Good presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a dynamic and busy environment.
- Fluent English is mandatory.
- Any other foreign language will be a plus.