TEKLA & ADVANCE STEEL DETAILERS & CHECKER
Middle (2-5 years)
Gross salary / month
35000 - 45000
ADSL Groupis an award-winning steel detailing company with our Head office based in Dublin, Ireland. We are delighted to announce several roles have become available due to our expansion into the US market.
All our team are either fabricators by trade or hold an associated engineering degree. We have a broad mix of nationalities working at our head office.
To produce 3D TEKLA or Advance Steel models, either from scratch or importing from client BIM models, produce Material Take Offs from the models, production of General Approval drawings, insertion of connection details to the TEKLA/Advance Steel model, generation of fabrication drawings and NC (Numerical Control) files to suit the works.
- In addition, the work will include generating Technical Questions and General Approval drawings / detail model for approval submittals.
- The work will also include any drawing requirements for temporary works and site changes.
- Operate to the DO programmes for all work and ensure that the deliverable deadlines are achieved.
- Work closely with the clients Production team to ensure that the drawings produced are compatible.
- In all interactions with customers our culture of quality, professionalism, fairness, can do attitude and a state of being easy to do business with should be held foremost in our client’s minds.
- Perform structural & miscellaneous steel detail checking to ensure the drawings conform to the projection specifications, engineering requirements, AISC standards, and operational specific specifications.
- Candidate must be highly detail oriented and organized.
- Provide technical assistance to the various detailers
- Provide sketches, plans, designs, and layouts as well as needed
- Assist the team with any drawing support required to complete the drawing approval, fabrication, or erection process to ensure excellence.
- Ability to read and comprehend construction plans and specifications
- Checks drawings for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to standard drafting practices and company standards
- Performs detailed dimensional and bill of material checks
- Performs basic and complex layouts
- Candidate must be able to create and maintain check lists, graphs and reports for monitoring checking requirements.
- Works with Engineering and Design teams to resolve discrepancies
- Works collaboratively in a team environment; interacts with individuals at all organizational levels in professional manner
- Performs additional responsibilities, as directed
- Detailed knowledge of the current and latest versions TEKLA / Advance Steel / Or Equivalent 3D Software packages.
- Degree in Engineering is preferable
- Working knowledge of BIM, be able to extract files for import into TEKLA/Advance Steel.
- Knowledge of current drawing practice and standards related to 3D Modelling, connections, detailing and fabrication drawings.
- Good time management skills
- Good organisational skills