Technical Writer software projects
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
English - advanced, Romanian - advanced
* all languages are compulsory
Hiring candidates willing to relocate
The individual we are looking for will be part of a small DevOps task force dealing with documentation for customized Support and Services solutions in a software engineering environment. The doc materials (Solution Briefs, API guides, User Guides, Test plans etc) are targeting some of the largest customers in the networking & security industry. If you’ve heard of them, they are probably Keysight customers.
Technical documentation in one of the areas: Virtualization, Wireless, 4G, 5G, Security, Automotive, Data Center Technologies is a big plus, since many of the documentation materials you will produce will be referring to these domains.
What we can offer:
- Always writing about bleeding edge technologies as far as networking and virtualization is concerned. For the tinkerer in you, you will have unrestricted access to all solutions / products for which you are creating documentation; technical training can be easily organized with the appropriate team.
- A highly motivated and friendly team, spanning from DevOps to Support and Engineering / QA.
- An attractive employee benefits package: competitive salary, flexible working hours, work from home, medical insurance, free fruit and coffee, etc
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
Design and Specification:
- Write different types of manuals / online content in a clear and concise manner; These could be USER guides, Installation manuals, API guides, Test case documentation, Professional Services projects documentation (such as client-facing training literature, presentations or test plans), Test Results etc
- Follow the writing style requirements and best practices for new documentation materials.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, or previous experience with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, FrameMaker, MadCap Flare or other similar tools should be a plus;
- Be capable to turn provided visuals in a standardized, brand-consistent manner (using Adobe Illustrator or other tools available)
- Have a sense of writing not only for experienced technical audience, but also to review/contribute to materials written for business/marketing/sales audience
- Adopt the right kind of communication mechanism to receive inputs (demos / collaborative reviews) from cross functional team
- Be proficient in usage of documentation tools & systems and aware of new technologies in documentation, industry best practices;
- Interfacing with different company departments (Support, Engineering, Product Management, CM) to gain needed information or work around issues in a timely manner.
- Must be adaptable to changes;
- Be capable of researching for relevant information independently;
- Ability to retain and protect confidential material;
What you’ll need to know:
- Be technically savvy in the areas of documentation, by understanding as much as possible the technology and features that you will document;
- Excellent English skills, both written and spoken. Excellent written, proofreading, and verbal communication skills;
- Good interpersonal skills that include the ability to effectively communicate in both writing and verbally;
Additional skills that are considered a plus:
- 5 years or more in a similar position creating technical documentation in software engineering.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum), Jira, SharePoint, OneDrive.
- Must be flexible with a “can do” attitude and able to remain professional under high pressure situations;
- Strong research skills;
- Must be detail oriented, organized and being able to multi-task;